SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED (with something else) Custom Shop Jazzmaster

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
edited October 2016 in Guitars £
Kind of a feeler post to see what's out there and what they're going for 2nd hand.

Definitely after one, a tried a CS Deluxe JM today and it was everything I loved about my Roadworm JM x 1000. The neck pickup into a DRRI is one of the tastiest guitar tones I have ever heard. In love.

So...anyone selling one/know of anyone selling one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd sell you mine for £10000000000000000

:-)

Unfortunately mate they are rare as rocking horse poo
    there is that thieving pikey on ebay that has a decent selection but his pricing is seriously offensive 

looks like new ones are quite rare too, I've been having a look for you but theres not a lot out there.

/have you tried ebay and reverb?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Yep, and all in the £3.2k plus range and all in the US. I did see a 2nd hand Relic CS JM on Gumtree for £1.5k but that's from a buyer in Edinburgh, long way to go and collect/try out.
  • saves you 1.5k though

take the misses and make a weekend of it

did you see this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-American-Vintage-Jazzmaster-1965-Re-Issue-Aztec-Gold-in-Original-Case-/262677115073?hash=item3d28c6b0c1:g:FRwAAOSwh2xYA117

I know its not a CS but it is pretty
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • That does look ruddy lovely. 

I really like the Honeyburst one, though. It sounds....*sigh*...wow.
  • Coda have one on special offer at just over 2k at the mo, though it's not a great colour.
  • Coda have one on special offer at just over 2k at the mo, though it's not a great colour.
    I saw that, not sure about that one.
    but its plays great! (I am guessing thats the red one?)

@BintyTwanger77 if you have played one that has left you saying WOW I would say go for that one. 
    Was it at GAK? They will haggle. If you speak to Roy he is the man
  • @meltedbuzzbox Have PM'd the name of the shop.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Moss said:
    Even further off my budget.

I tried the CP Jazzmaster again, the DRRI I was playing into was cranked a bit higher, and it sounded really big and punchy. The CS Relic JM they had (beautiful) were as punchy and more articulate, but wondering if they're articulate enough to spend over £2k more on it than the CP, which sounds different enough for my 60s Roadworn to make it worth considering.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That wunjo one looks alright, apart from the guard
  • Didn't see the bit about the rewound pickup and neck repair... I now see why it's reasonably priced
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    I'd have a look at that surf green jazzmaster, thinks it's a classic series lacquer.

Beautiful things. Maybe too like the roadworn though?

I nearly got one for about £600 but came along a lovely Jag for not too much more dosh. 
  • blueskunk said:
    I'd have a look at that surf green jazzmaster, thinks it's a classic series lacquer.

Beautiful things. Maybe too like the roadworn though?

I nearly got one for about £600 but came along a lovely Jag for not too much more dosh. 
    I think the specs are very similar, might have the same pickups. TVL Jazzmaster has the 65 Vintage pickups as well, I think.

Ah this is too difficult. Maybe start a fund for the CS long term and go for something else instead. I do love the Roadworn, and could always try some Mojo pickups in it.
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited October 2016
    To be very honest with you, having quite a bit of experience with vintage, custom shop (team and masterbuilt) fenders as well as danocasters. I'd go with a danocaster jazzmaster.

You'll get a guitar in the same value range of a regular custom shop, maybe cheaper, which will sound and respond/feel like a vintage fender (a good one at that). Fender custom shops, even the masterbuilts, can be great instruments but don't give that sort of feel or the build consistency of danocasters. They're good, but definitely a different, more modern feel and response.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just buy this - you'll be beating the women off when you're spotted playing it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152286701212 ;
  • Just buy this - you'll be beating the women off when you're spotted playing it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152286701212 ;
    Item no longer listed.