Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Take That Tickets HOW MUCH????????

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1766

Last year I got the missus 2x tickets for Take That at Hyde Park (so she could take her friend as I'm not going to see that). They were roughly £75 a piece which I still consider to be rather pricey.

This year it appears that if you bought the album on Monday then you could buy pre order tickets on the Wednesday. These look to again be around the £75 mark.

So this morning she asks if I can get her a ticket for Christmas.

02 Saturday - Up in the gods with probably a restricted view and a serious case of vertigo £96.  General admission (standing) £133.

Now I know she likes take that a lot but seriously £133 per person to stand in the millennium dome and watch 3/5 of a 90's boy band churn out their greatest hits.

That's just insane.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5587
    I bought my gf weekend camping tickets for Rewind festival for her birthday next month. £112.50 per ticket.
    Some of the arena show prices these days are mental and probably explains why I haven't been to a big gig for ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm pretty sure if you were a fan you would pay that without question.  Take That are a massive act and are part of British pop history and I guess they will do more than simply churn out songs.  There will probably be backing singers, dancers, a live backup band etc.  The Millennium Dome is a huge venue as well so it would be well worth the money.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on take that and party...."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    It'll be worth it to some.

I've paid around £100 to see Springsteen, Kate Bush and David Gilmour, all amazing concerts that I have no regrets about attending even at those prices. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I think its fantastic that they are willing to pay you £133 to go and see them...

...oh wait

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStu said:
    I bought my gf weekend camping tickets for Rewind festival for her birthday next month. £112.50 per ticket.
    Some of the arena show prices these days are mental and probably explains why I haven't been to a big gig for ages.
    Which rewind? I do them all most years with the blow monkeys. Very well run festivals. 
    DiscoStu said:
    Which rewind? I do them all most years with the blow monkeys. Very well run festivals. 
    Rewind Scotland, Perth. I've bought her 2 tickets (it'll be her 40th) but I may or may not go with her, depending who's playing...

• I guess they will do more than simply churn out songs.  There will probably be backing singers, dancers, a live backup band etc.

...and then some. Take That apparently put on a huge show. Im sure if you look on youtube etc you will be able to see what you're getting. I cant bring myself to do it though.

nobody is buying cd's anymore so I guess thats one of the reasons for the high ticket prices bands are charging thesedays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    Our Lass just got standing tickets for Manchester, asked if i wanted to go , did think about it just for shits and giggles. Not at that price though
  • DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Rewind Scotland, Perth. I've bought her 2 tickets (it'll be her 40th) but I may or may not go with her, depending who's playing...
    Ah yeah done Perth twice. It's well worth going just for the atmosphere. 
    DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Ah yeah done Perth twice. It's well worth going just for the atmosphere. 
    Are you playing next year?
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    How much is it to get out?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1766
    I've just asked Thai airways how much it would be to upgrade my tickets to business class for our honeymoon - I'm now feeling the price of a take that ticket is exceptionally good value.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    Ah,so that's why they're called Take That.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    ronnyb said:
    Nothing. You just need a little patience....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33898
    How much are AC/DC tickets again?
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    ronnyb said:
    Yeah,it only takes a minute.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3108
    Supply and demand. There's no correlation between quality and popularity either.

My Mrs wants to go but also has a vinyl copy of White Light, White Heat. I'm trying to not let it affect our relationship. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• gubble said:

Now I know she likes take that a lot but seriously £133 per person to stand in the millennium dome and watch 3/5 of a 90's boy band churn out their greatest hits.

If you think that's bad think of those who paid similar amounts or more to see Phil Collins. 

3/5 of a 90's boy band might be bad, but not as bad as seeing Phil Collins.
  • ronnyb said:

I love your puns, Richard.
  • It'll be worth it to some.

I've paid around £100 to see Springsteen, Kate Bush and David Gilmour, all amazing concerts that I have no regrets about attending even at those prices. 

lol @ paying £100 to see Gilmour!  He's crap!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom