Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Take That Tickets HOW MUCH????????

What's Hot

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Tickets to most things these days are bullshit, overpriced and a terrible experience when you get there, can't remember the last "big name band" I went to see and enjoyed it-I haven't been in years (2010 MEN RHCP) much prefer watching nomark bands in a 200 capacity venue, whole thing is a better experience for me. 

Live acts for me aren't about 50,000 people being there, turns me off.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Friend in work just splurged £250 on 2 tickets for TT with her daughter on a VIP thing in Manchester. Probably less than people spent on average tickets for Kate Bush or Dave Gilmour at RAH.

I spend about £1K every year to go to the Tour de France in Paris, to stand in a crowd and see bikes whizz past at 40mph on the Champs Elysee's whilst drinking overpriced bubbly. They go to stand in a crowd and see small people sing songs whilst drinking overpriced bubbly.

Is it worth it? Depends on what you think is worth it.

Will I do it again next year? For the atmosphere of being there on the day, Yeppers!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    If tickets are cheap they either end up in the hands of people who aren't that fussed but were  at a computer when sales opened so could buy them, or in the hands of scalpers.

I'd rather the band just charged more and the more bothered fans bought them first time round.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    It's just not worth it without Jason Orange
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    The most I'd ever pay for any ticket is £50, and I'd only buy 1 and go by myself. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16801
    lloyd said:
    Tickets to most things these days are bullshit, overpriced and a terrible experience when you get there, can't remember the last "big name band" I went to see and enjoyed it-I haven't been in years (2010 MEN RHCP) much prefer watching nomark bands in a 200 capacity venue, whole thing is a better experience for me. 

Live acts for me aren't about 50,000 people being there, turns me off.

Totally this....  I much prefer smaller venues, I have even walked away from some of my fave bands if they were on the main stage at festivals.

These ticket prices are all down to the resale effect.  It has proved people will consistently pay more than the face value.  At least this way the money goes to the artist and venue, not some tout.  If you sold a product which was consistently resold with a huge markup, what would you do?
  • Could be worse, it's apparently £67 to see Beiber & his shows are under 5mins ;)
    better if you're paying by instalments I guess: 
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3877738/Woman-cheating-ex-boyfriend-asked-pay-Justin-Bieber-tickets-gets-revenge-sending-1p-day-17-YEARS.html
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24851
    axisus said:
    Agreed - I'd love to see him back for good....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10342
    axisus said:
    Agreed - I'd love to see him back for good....
    We can only pray.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12439
    edited October 2016
    I can't be bothered with big gigs much these days. My missus paid out £75 each for us to see John Mayer at the O2 a while back. She got seats right in the middle of the floor area... great.... till JM came onstage and everyone stood up. My wife is five foot three and couldn't see a thing. We ended up watching most of it on the screens, we might as well have been at home watching the DVD. Most of the audience were watching it on their frigging mobile phone screen anyway. 

In contrast, last night we saw Focus at a local club. Probably 200 max people there, great sound, great atmosphere, felt connected to the band, stood about six feet from the stage so I could see exactly what the guitarist was doing, round of drinks was a fiver. £13 in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27269
    edited October 2016
    +1 to all the "huge show" comments. I haven't seen them, but they put on a massive spectacle for any gig, not just 3 blokes miming. 

It's not about connecting with the music club while standing so close to the band you can smell.

http://eventlogistics.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/TT-Om-plus-Take-That.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/28/article-1391604-0C4C8E5500000578-14_634x367.jpg

http://asylumsfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Take-that-01-1140x760.jpg
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    ronnyb said:
    How much is it to get out?

Free!!! You just have to pay to get in first in order to get out. Are ya buying ?

Anyway I've heard JoBo is dead expensive to get tickets for seeing has he likes collecting 59 LPs.....

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    edited October 2016
    boogieman said:

In contrast, last night we saw Focus at a local club. Probably 200 max people there, great sound, great atmosphere, felt connected to the band, stood about six feet from the stage so I could see exactly what the guitarist was doing, round of drinks was a fiver. £13 in. 
    Sutton? I first saw Bonnamassa there. I wanted to go to the Focus gig but have my son staying with me this weekend. Good gig @boogieman?
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3499
    edited October 2016
    I spend about £1K every year to go to the Tour de France in Paris, to stand in a crowd and see bikes whizz past at 40mph on the Champs Elysee's whilst drinking overpriced bubbly. 
    All of the above could be rationalised for aside from being surrounded by French people.  
    cruxiform said:
    boogieman said:

Sutton? I first saw Bonnamassa there. I wanted to go to the Focus gig but have my son staying with me this weekend. Good gig @boogieman?
    Yup, that's the one. Pete Feenstra used to get great acts down there all the time, people like Joanne Shaw Taylor, Buddy Whittington. Nowadays it's 75% tribute bands but I guess that's what works for him as a promotor.

Shame you couldn't make it, @cruxiform ; Focus were great. Menno is an excellent guitarist, got a lovely tone through a Bassman half stack. The support band The Gift were also entertaining in different way, they were just like Thotch, real cod prog.  :)
    boogieman said:
    cruxiform said:
    boogieman said:

Yup, that's the one. Pete Feenstra used to get great acts down there all the time, people like Joanne Shaw Taylor, Buddy Whittington. Nowadays it's 75% tribute bands but I guess that's what works for him as a promotor.

Shame you couldn't make it, @cruxiform ; Focus were great. Menno is an excellent guitarist, got a lovely tone through a Bassman half stack. The support band The Gift were also entertaining in different way, they were just like Thotch, real cod prog.  :)
    A real shame. I always keep an eye on Pete's events so might bump into you at one in the future.
    cruxiform said:
    boogieman said:
    cruxiform said:
    boogieman said:

A real shame. I always keep an eye on Pete's events so might bump into you at one in the future.
    Cool. I'll give you a shout next time we're heading down there.  ;)
    boogieman said:
    Cool. I'll give you a shout next time we're heading down there.  ;)
    Cheers mate :)
  • Remember, this is how artists make money now. Nobody buys music anymore. My new  Car doesn't even have a CD player so I've gone from buying a few CDs every week, to Spotify premium. 
  • I spend about £1K every year to go to the Tour de France in Paris, to stand in a crowd and see bikes whizz past at 40mph on the Champs Elysee's whilst drinking overpriced bubbly. 
    All of the above could be rationalised for aside from being surrounded by French people.  
    This year I was mostly surrounded by Italian women with nails like this ;)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13879282_10207953100557601_1445023625778611427_n.jpg?oh=fb65edddfc5972782939ff8d0616ad47&oe=5892E827

littlegreenman < My tunes here...