Help request: Fixing an unusual 5-way on a pre-wired guard

Hello all,

I've received from a member of this parish, a pre-wired strat pick-guard with some lovely Bare Knuckles in it - while I can puzzle out the majority of the wiring, I'm a little stuck as to where to solder the hot wires from my pickups on this particular 5-way, could anyone help?

https://imgur.com/a/FgZPA

I would guess that the bridge would go to the leftmost lug in this photo but the remainder I haven't got the foggiest - maybe one each to the spare lugs on the shorted pairs where the red/yellow wires go?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72809
    Make sure that 4 and 5 are connected together - it is shown, just not very clearly.

Also connect 6 and 7 together if you want the lower tone control to work on the bridge pickup.

And don't pay any attention to the 'Linear' or 'B' labelling on the tone controls, they've got that wrong as usual… all the controls should be Log (A).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Excellent pic!

In my picture two and three appear to be connected, is this just stray flux? 6-7 area already connected for bridge tone :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72809
    2 and 3 connected would mean that the neck and middle pickups would always be on together.

Did this switch come out of a Tele or another 2-pickup guitar? 2/3, 4/5 and 6/7 all joined together is the wiring for one of those.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• William WilliamsonWilliam Williamson Frets: 107
    edited October 2016
    It's a pre-wired guard that came out of a Strat - so looks like the wires were unsoldered in order to sell them separately.

Looking at the IronGear site and speaking to you, it seems as though 2-3 might just be accidentally joined - quite simply 1 to bridge, 2 to middle and 3 to neck should totally sort me. Hopefully!

Thank you again for this!

• Thank you all, wired up and worked first time with your kind help and ministrations.