Best monitoring headphones?

So I have some  money throw at some headphones. mainly going to be using it for recording and jamming  at home in the house via my sound card. any suggestions with a budget of up to say £100?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 191
    I have audio technical 50x (there's a letter somewhere that I've missed). Highly regarded and like the sound they are closed back tho so for monitoring great maybe not mixing so much ...
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6720
    I have a pair of AKG K701. Open and spacious and really detailed. Probably worth investing the extra £50 or so. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    merlin said:
    I have a pair of AKG K701. Open and spacious and really detailed. Probably worth investing the extra £50 or so. 
    I have a pair of AKG K702's .. like the 701's they are very good. Shop around and you can get them for around £120 to £130.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    I have a pair of Superlux, bought from Thomann.  In the £20 - £30 price region.  Way under priced for what they do.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Wifey got me some Shure headphones one Christmas. Far better than the shite I was using before (generally Tecknica from Tesco)
  • Sennheiser HD25's, get em second hand for around £90. By a considerable distance my favourite, most balanced headphones I've tried.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    Sennheiser HD380 Pro are the ones I have and best I've used. Can be had for ~£100.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........