Snark tuner repair success!

Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7840

It's always been a little hit and miss since I bought it, but after dropping it a while ago (and then onto carpet from a relatively low height) it got steadily worse - It always turned on but wouldn't pick up a note without a lot of wiggling and turning it round.

Eventually it stopped reacting altogether, but before buying a replacement I thought I'd have a look inside, finding a small piezo transducer that looked a bit scuffed up. I might have tried rotating that a little but when I got a small screwdriver underneath it, it pinged off into the mess in the corner of my workshop and out of sight.

This morning a new £2 transducer arrived via eBay and it now works better than ever.

:)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pics?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15987
    Pics?
    no, his tuner
    tae be or not tae be
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7840
    Pics?

sorry, there wasn't really much to see other than the little transducer attached to the case followed by a gap once it had been launched.

here's a picture of some transducers and one of a dismantled Snark (not mine)

httpsae01alicdncomkfHTB1PzucIVXXXXcQXXXXq6xXFXXXk50pcs-27mm-Thickness-0-33mm-Copper-font-b-Piezo-b-font-Disc-for-Buzzer-font-bjpg

Image result

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister