Post gig closed kebab shop trauma

What's Hot

Played gig. Had beers. Went to get kebab. Kebab shop closed.

I have never been so disappointed.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If  you lived in a proper place you could just go to a different kebab shop. You only have yourself to blame.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • If only you lived in the real Newport. We have many, although chips and cheese is the staple around here.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    edited November 2016
    Having tried just about every kebab and burger joint in Portsmouth post gig we now drive 10 miles to Fareham and back to eat at a fast food van outside Fareham train station. Large meat & chips is £5 .... open to 4am 

Micks Monster burger on top of the hill never closes ... ever ... even on Xmas day at 5am in the morning you can get a monster burger on top of the hill
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24296
    I'm gutted for you.

I used to rehearse at a right pit near Buckingham.

For years there was ALWAYS a kebab van outside afterwards. Really good quality too.

Then 1 day it wasn't there. Holiday I thought. Wasn't there the next week. Or the one after.

Finally found someone who knew - it seems the van was a front for his successful cannabis business. I must have eaten there every week for 2 years and never noticed.

I would have been suspicious if the queues were massive but the food was shit, but it wasn't, it was very good quality. I wonder if he's been released yet.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have now compensated with a work canteen fry up, with poached eggs to improve the healthy / unhealthy balance

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Played gig. Had beers. Went to get kebab. Kebab shop closed.

I have never been so disappointed.

It's probably worth writing to your MP about this. 

Our ancestors didn't win 2 world wars for this to happen.  

An absolute disgrace. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have now compensated with a work canteen fry up, with poached eggs to improve the healthy / unhealthy balance

The only acceptable fry up egg is one which is fried in bacon grease ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• I feel for you Colonel, a good kebab is the food of the Gods. All these skinny health freaks do not know what they are missing.

i try to limit kebabs to once a month or less but whenever the grim reaper calls time on me, I will go happily knowing the true joy of a medium doner in a naan with salad and chilli sauce

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Finally found someone who knew - it seems the van was a front for his successful cannabis business. I must have eaten there every week for 2 years and never noticed.

I would have been suspicious if the queues were massive but the food was shit, but it wasn't, it was very good quality. I wonder if he's been released yet.
    @fretmeister I'm reminded of Thomas Pynchon's novel, Inherent Vice, Paul. Have you read it? I think you'd enjoy it. :) Laughed myself silly a couple of times while reading it.
    I have not. I will investigate.
    @fretmeister Also, your new avatar is genius! :lol:
    At last! Someone noticed!
    @fretmeister Not only that, I get which post it refers to. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha great thread title!
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Danny1969 said:
    Having tried just about every kebab and burger joint in Portsmouth post gig we now drive 10 miles to Fareham and back to eat at a fast food van outside Fareham train station. Large meat & chips is £5 .... open to 4am 

Micks Monster burger on top of the hill never closes ... ever ... even on Xmas day at 5am in the morning you can get a monster burger on top of the hill
    Micks is a place of much greatness and they even accept credit/debit cards, dangerous!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318

"Post gig closed kebab shop trauma"

Album of the year!
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318

"Post gig closed kebab shop trauma"

Album of the year!