COD:IW

What's Hot
d8md8m Frets: 2434
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
Another year another COD, who's picking this one up then?

Still on the fence as I'm still sinking teeth into BF1, legacy edition on the other comes with MW remaster....

Also haven't missed one yet!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The MW remaster is awesome, and apparently IW is a decent game too, I haven't liked any since MW2, black ops I got bored of after a week.

Cod 2 the big red one, Modern warfare, World at war, Modern Warfare 2 and cod 3, in that order, for me at least, the newer ones have all been miss able as far as I'm concerned

Also, the average infinity ward game is better than the average treyarch game, the big redemption for treyarch was zombies, but they killed that by making it too complex. went to play a game with a mate on the latest call of duty and you need a fucking 4 hour introduction to start to get to grips with how to play and where the doors/packpunch etc are.

W@W zombies maps are classics for me.

Would pay a decent amount of money for all of the WW2 COD games if they were re mastered too
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    MW remastered is a great idea, shame it looks like it's been deliberately shoehorned into the new COD to shift units.

Their pricing is bonkers. The original Modern Warfare is still £20 digitally on PC. Who is going to pay £20 for a 10 year old game. Especially one with no official online support.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24620
    I've played the IW beta and enjoyed it.

i preordered months ago so I'm looking forward to it. I've gone for the one with MW

The MW multiplayer demos on YT look fantastic

Im a real COD fan and I get each one as it comes out. I agree that Treyarch ones haven't been as good but I have really enjoyed Blops3 it's been their best I think.

Im on PS4 and the MW game does not come on the disc, it's a download so on Friday I'll be setting that up early.

And no - can't sell IW when MW is downloaded! Disc has to be in to play 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like to get the remastered COD4 as a standalone, but I have shitty ping so online shooters are pretty pointless, sadly.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Since they announced the new game I haven't really kept up to up with it to be honest. I just know its set in the far future.

Infinity Ward do tend to make the better CODs in my opinion, and If I purchased I'd definitely pick up the version that comes with MW.

Mine shipped yesterday so there is a small chance it will arrive today. That would be handy to get it installed and updated.

The digital download version can be bought and downloaded now, just not played until tomorrow.
    Will probably spend most of my time on MW RM!

• Having sunk hours into MW2 when I had it, CoD mostly passed me by after that. Advanced Warfare looked kind of interesting, as did Black Ops, but this one intrigues me a bit and I don't know why. Maybe it's because they've just totally dispensed with the idea of making it "realistic" (in a game where you respawn after dying) so they've just let their imagination run wild.
    The beta definitely had a bit of a Duke Nukem feel to some of the weapons.

I like that - a bit of fun with it. Ultra Realism outside of actual simulations is rarely a good thing.

I only got on 3 new IW maps (and the re-vamped Terminal) and they were pretty good.

It's been years since I played MW though - I'm wondering how slow it will feel compared to the modern Sprint and Shoot approach. MW definitely allowed stealthier play than the newer ones.

• I have loved every cod game up to mw3, when my budget towards games went into photography and musical kit. 

If I had an up to date console , I'd get it. I love to hate them -and I actually come every time I shoot a camper through the wall before teabagging them. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It has arrived.

It's doing the update. (about 5GB)

I've started the MW download too. It give an option to prioritise the SP or MP sections with the rest downloading in the background.

Even so the MW total download is 58GB on the PS4. That's going to take all day.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4604
    I'm certainly looking forward to playing COD4 again on the xbox one. I got into the series at MW2 but saw my friends playing COD4 and they were loving it
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

pre-ordered the download of IW and MW - set it to download overnight so should be ready to go when I get home after work.

I found the multiplayer beta quite glitchy so hope that's all sorted ....

I've just had a lunchtime blast on the IW multiplayer - FAR FAR better than the Beta.

Quick match making, and a smooth game.

Of course I spawned in forgetting that I would need to re set my control bindings as they would now be default again and not as I set in the BETA.

That was a very quick death!
    Had a quick MW go too. 

LAN match against Bots.

Its far slower than the newer COD versions! Takes me right back.

Pineapple crapping for the win!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1759

I'm several years behind.

I only purchased World at War a few weeks ago and MW3 yesterday.

I do save a fortune though instead of buying them new :)

gubble said:

I'm several years behind.

I only purchased World at War a few weeks ago and MW3 yesterday.

I do save a fortune though instead of buying them new :)

WAW is brilliant! I tried it again a couple of years ago before I got my ps4 but it seemed to be hacked to bits.

im picking IW up on the way home today and as much as I disagree with the business model will be buying the edition that give me MW remastered aswell(can't fight the nostalgia)

see you you on the battlefield!

Loving it so far!

The progress bars for the game download I mean.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm glad I've unlocked a couple of decent weapons now. The early ones are crap!
    I've played a bit of IW and MW multiplayer now, still getting to grips with IW but MW is just like the old game which is brilliant.

I had forgotten how bad I was at COD though