Mesa HeartBreaker 2x12

What's Hot
anyone got any experience of these? 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaveRave Frets: 268
    I had one for about 8 years and am about to buy another. It's basically a Twin/Mk1 Mesa and a Tweed Bassman/Marshall JTM in one box. A pretty versatile amp but it is very heavy...around 120Ibs if I remember rightly!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rave said:
    I had one for about 8 years and am about to buy another. It's basically a Twin/Mk1 Mesa and a Tweed Bassman/Marshall JTM in one box. A pretty versatile amp but it is very heavy...around 120Ibs if I remember rightly!

Wow seriously? 
    Wete we rehearse is up a flight of stairs
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    Rave said:

Wow seriously? 
    Good luck then! I started rehearsing and gigging with my band a lot...ended up buying a Marshall Head & 4x12 Cab because it was much easier to move about. I, like others, nicknamed the Mesa the Backbreaker.
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    https://luminous1.bandcamp.com/track/el-sharara

I have the Heartbreaker head which I use with a rectifier 4x12. I think its a great amp, can clean up well and with an overdrive can run the full gamut of tones. It likes a TS and generally takes pedals well. It can be a bit dark and difficult to dial in but when you've done that it  cuts through and sits well both live and in the studio. It really sings at volume but I have no issues using it at teaching levels.
    The track I've posted is a Heartbreaker with a TS in the front end ( recorded with a valve condenser and an SM57 )

Weighs a ton though.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Don't exaggerate. It's only 101lbs.

:)

What's really ridiculous is that unlike the more featherweight Trem-o-verb (98lb), it doesn't have end handles. It would probably be a good idea to fit some.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    More like Backbreaker am I right folks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I'm here all week...)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Gotta rember kiddies, tone ie real tone never comes any less than 30kgs. :lol:
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Bucket said:

(I'm here all week...)
    I think they were calling them that before you were born! :D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rave said:
    Rave said:

Wow seriously? 
    Good luck then! I started rehearsing and gigging with my band a lot...ended up buying a Marshall Head & 4x12 Cab because it was much easier to move about. I, like others, nicknamed the Mesa the Backbreaker.

Bucket said:

(I'm here all week...)
    See above ;)
  • Lol :)
    Way  too heavy!!