SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Jedson Tele Slide Guitar - Catswhisker pickup, vintage vinyl gig bag.

martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
edited November 2016 in Guitars £ tFB Trader

I had one of these as a kid as my first guitar, so I bought another one about 10 years ago for a bit of fun, before the prices on eBay went silly. Being pretty much unplayable(!) I converted it to use for slide, with a raised bridge and a set of 11s. It excels at this, and the Cats Whisker cream soapbar P90 at the bridge suits it well.

The pic doesn't show this fitted, nor the tuneamatic bridge I've fitted, or the upgraded tuners, so I'll get some up-to-date pics later.

All the original parts are still here I think, should you want them.

Also included in the sale is a vintage vinyl gig bag, which fits the Jedson perfectly. It's in great condition and is quite a cool thing. Again, pics to come.

Although it looks a bit odd, it sounds great, here being played by our own @menamestom

https://soundcloud.com/mjw-amps/tj-v6-20-slide?in=mjw-amps/sets/tom-jackson-mjw-amp-clips

£60 plus postage! SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• milambermilamber Frets: 118
    Pm sent
  • Lol, I had the same guitar as my first, rescued from my neighbours skip - minus the bridge and a broken tuner gear!. My dad drilled a steel bar for the bridge and we managed to acquire a tuning gear off a broken classical guitar from school. It was hand painted black gloss! I learnt my first tune on it - the stones Satisfaction riff. Jeez you've got me feeling all sentimental. I know I don't need it but........ Hope it doesn't hang about or I might just have to..........

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited November 2016 tFB Trader

Pics taken today. The tuners are Wilkinson.

I'll also include the leather strap and a selection of glass and brass slides FOC.

The pocket on the gig bag contains the shoulder strap. All the zips and poppers work.

The mini toggle switch selects either bridge or neck pickup, there is no middle position.

tFB Trader

Under offer. :)

tFB Trader

Sold.

• martinw said:

Jeez you were giving it away at £60!

tFB Trader
    martinw said:

Got £60, that was the offer. I suppose 'sold pending' might have been better! :)

• martinw said:
    martinw said:

Got £60, that was the offer. I suppose 'sold pending' might have been better! :)

Cracking deal at £60, at least i didnt let my sentiment get the better of me!

• milambermilamber Frets: 118
    Received today. Exactly as described, looks a bit odd, but plays great, brilliantly packed and great service. Loads of extras too, slides, strap - frankly I'm a bit embarrassed at only paying £60 for it. Thanks very much.