Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solid state fan....I've decided!!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PyromanPyroman Frets: 58

Of course the Mustang is solid state! It's also a digital modeller. The distinction is between ANALOGUE solid state circuits like a Bandit and digital modelling solid state like the Mustang. You could in theory build a digital modeller using valves instead of transistors, which would then not be solid state, but it would be the size of a house and drain most of the national grid, and would no doubt be far too slow to run the modelling software... but that's not the point.

and all to ape what a simple valve circuit does naturally anyway!
    Ah, but the modeler will do so much more as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pyroman said:

Of course the Mustang is solid state! It's also a digital modeller. The distinction is between ANALOGUE solid state circuits like a Bandit and digital modelling solid state like the Mustang. You could in theory build a digital modeller using valves instead of transistors, which would then not be solid state, but it would be the size of a house and drain most of the national grid, and would no doubt be far too slow to run the modelling software... but that's not the point.

and all to ape what a simple valve circuit does naturally anyway!
    Ah, but the modeler will do so much more as well.
    You may get more choices of sounds. But I'll keep my old amplifiers, thank you.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    Luddite  ;)
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom