Silverface Champ trem and verb

What's Hot
Hey all
I have a beautiful '78 champ which I love. Obviously so much easier than carrying around my deluxe reverb when I dont need such a big clean sound, and I love it's break up. Just wish it had some reverb! 
The Strymon Flint is something I'd love, I think I could turn up to most gigs with just the champ and that pedal and be covered, but the price tag on the flint is too much for me and I already have a beautiful MF Trem pedal that I love. Anyone got a good suggestion for a great blackface style reverb pedal that would couple up well with a trem pedal? 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72566
    Boss FRV-1.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    On a budget  the biyang tri reverb is very nice. I dont know if it sounds like typical fender reverb but has a great range.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    ICBM said:
    Boss FRV-1.
    The FRV is a better reverb than the one in the 65 DRRI
  • If you want very springy then the FRV as mentioned. If ypu want a bargain pedal that does a good spring and more then the Marshall Reflector
  • I use a vanamps solemate with my vibrochamp and it sounds glorious. Not cheap new but mine was 120 used.

I hear great things about earthquaker devices' dispatch master too, which has reverb and delay, but I've never plated one.

• I think I'd wait and go for a good used Flint when you see one.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited November 2016
    I have a SF Champ with a Warehouse speaker, mic it up for little trio gigs, and I use a Tremulator nearly all the time.

Have a listen to the Catalinbread Topanga. I haven't compared it with the FRV-1 but I much prefer it to the Flint's '60s reverb, personally. It's a really great pedal.