Audio Interface to Hi-Fi

So, my technological Luddite question of the day:

If I get an Audient ID14 to connect to my windows pc for some recording (and generally better audio quality), will I be able to connect the audient to one of the phono inputs on my fatman audio hi-fi system rather than get additional monitors to go with the audient?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7796
    edited November 2016
    Ebay: dual mono 1/4 jack to phono cable.
    Mind you, hifis are good for listening but not mixing or monitoring.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited November 2016
    which fatman amp is it ? and is there a particular reason for the Audient ?

• It's an original itube, and the only reason for the audient was it seemed to be the best value for money interface that would improve the sound quality and let me get back into some basic recording.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited November 2016
    as per winnys comments - connectivity easy ; valves + home hifi will give a easy on the ear experience but not the accuracy for mixing n monitoring .. but certainly better than any pc speaker systems .. 

interface wise - theres loads of high quality units at this price bracket  particularly if you want included daws or plugins - do you want to use a mac pc and maybe an ipad ? ( if latter included then that has an influence on choice ) .. 

Also depending on your monitoring ; processing power etc - you might not realise aspects of your sound quality ambition  without further investment .. I'd suggest a decent s/h piece of kit if youve purchased a daw  - ie latest scarlett stuff is beginning to appear s/h and the older stuff is certainly more than ok for home recording ..