"Music's Live" at PMT Birmingham

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2016/10/10/musics-live-weekend-2016-pmt-birmingham/

Seems to basically be a "let's make our store busy" kinds of event with a few demos and they'll wheel out the usual old second hand stock with a "special guest" not many have really heard of - but is anybody going?

I'm nearby today so might pop in for a bit but there's definitely a feeling of not being overly arsed - anybody been before and know if it's worth going in?
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I wouldn't mind seeing Bernie Marsden but I'd have to get a move on now. Parking is a PIA round there when it's busy.
    Hmm, conceivably take my youngest tomorrow.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9962
    edited November 2016
    Oh yeah forgot the parking thing, would have to put a chain and lock around all the wheels and around a lamppost if you venture too far out of the actual car park

I've no idea who Bernie Marsden is but that probably shows my ignorance more than anything
  • Bernie - Whitesnake and various blues bands, etc. He is a quite funny, friendly, entertaining chap. You won't get 45 minutes of widdle, widdle, widdle unlike many, many demonstrators.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    @thecolourbox as I think you live in Brum, probably worth a look given it is free!

I'll be up in Birmingham tomorrow, so may try to get over there if they have anybody interesting playing or demonstrating, but look like it is just Bernie there today?
  • It is free yeah but basically just a busier store than normal with demos isn't it, kind of thought it may have been more interest to others. If I was going to go I needed to be there before the special guest was on I think as that would just be too loud and busy. I tend to only go to these things to look at the second hand stuff anyway
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Probably not the best environment to evaluate equipment really, I'd rather go in the week when it is quieter.  Not that I need any gear now, so I'd only go if there was an appearance by an inspiring performing guitarist
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Just been there, had to park up the road, but that s how it is  I guesss. Very busy, lots of expensive gear with 10% off !....watched  the Shure  guy upstairs in the live lounge ...came home.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview