Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

AmpliTube 3 or Guitar Rig

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MickMick Frets: 98
    Only one day left to get your entries in, for a chance to win a full version of AmpliTube 3 + a bonus of 300 credits to purchase addons for it. Like I said before, the odds of winning are pretty high, as there's not too many entries. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You need to check out Revalver. It's utterly bonkers for sound AND feel. You can get all lost in it with the whole component level tweaking but the basic amp sounds are incredible.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    I'm going to download the demo and try it, thanks for the nudge. ;)
  • Currently there's Guitar Rig 6, released not long ago.  It's very stable and sounds great with Windows 10. I prefer the sounds and quality over Amplitube, but I haven't worked with Amplitube for a few years now and things could have changed. A lot of useful patches with Guitar Rig 6 and more natural sounding to my ears. 
  • Amplitube is about to release the new Amplitube 5 before the end of the year. Should be a big improvement.
    However, nowadays there are other choices out there, some of them better/more realistic IMHO (Neural DSP, Mercuriall, Nembrini, etc...).
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Guitar Rig is a bit of a joke really, it's not even close to the current gen of high quality modellers/profilers that have won many over from real amps.

Some of the available addons for Amplitube are okay but there are far better modellers out there - the best I've found (and the one which made me move from my Atomic hardware modeller) is TH-U. It has both models like the Axe-FX and profiles like the Kemper. I use the latter and it's excellent.
  • It’s already been said but neither are any good for anything other than faffing around IMO.

If you’re a bloooooze fiend then S-Gear, anything else Neural Cory Wong/Nolly/Plini will get it done.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10420
    If you're on a Mac then Mainstage 3 is a bargain at £28, some good sounding amps and effects. That's my go to thing for playing indoors now. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Danny1969 said:
    If you're on a Mac then Mainstage 3 is a bargain at £28, some good sounding amps and effects. That's my go to thing for playing indoors now. 
    Is it standalone or do you need Logic pro?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26631
    edited December 2020
    It’s already been said but neither are any good for anything other than faffing around IMO.

If you’re a bloooooze fiend then S-Gear, anything else Neural Cory Wong/Nolly/Plini will get it done.
    For the price, the Neural stuff isn't that great if you need more than one of the plugins IMO. Their quality is of the same order as Helix Native, and ordinarily Native is cost-prohibitive...but when you start stacking the cost of two or three Neural plugins (say, a couple of guitar plugins and a bass plugin, which is a reasonable scenario) then Helix Native suddenly becomes a contender - and it has a lot more functionality.

Especially if you take advantage of their traditional late-autumn 30% off deal.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    Necro-thread resurrection.  Nearly 7 years - impressive ;)