The Expanse - Netflix Sci-Fi

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7571
Just watched the first episode - looks promising, but they badly mis-cast Omar - in the books he is an enormous lumbering bloke with a penchant for violence and killing, kind of a foil to Holden's boy-scout - obviously not bothering with that aspect in the adaptation.

Looking forward to seeing what the Rocinante looks like... 

Anyone else read the books? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just mentioned this in another thread - haven't seen it yet but just binge watched stranger things the last two nights and I look forward to this show!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Interesting - I read "Leviathan Wakes" 2 or 3 years ago, but haven't yet read any of the sequels.

I thought some of the writing was a bit naive, to be honest, although I enjoyed the novel generally.

If it's available on Netflix I'll give it a go - thanks for the heads-up.
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    The books are great. I'll warn you that the TV series ends about halfway through the first book, although that might not be such a problem if you're just starting, as the second season is due to start in January.
  • Friend just lent me the first book, only 2 chapters in, seems a bit generic so far but its early days and some books are slow starters.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Not read the books but liked this show, good to hear there's another in Jan.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Hmmmmmmmmm I'm 22mins into 1st episode but I'm not warming to it like I did with stranger things. The scenes are short and too many, I also find the voices are difficult to understand and low in volume so I'm straining to hear them. It's got great reviews so I'll keep going but if things don't improve, I'll ditch it.