SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feeler - WTB/WTT Explorer

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
edited November 2016 in Guitars £
The bloody Explorer thread on the Guitars forum has reawakened my 'need' for one of the damned things. I had a cheap Chinese tokai one for a while but sold it after and aborted and disasterous attempt at doing a spray can refin. 

I'd be interested in all sorts of things from USA gibbos, MIJ tokais, Gordon Smiths to 'lesser' things like Epis. Even Ibanez Destroyers might be of interest - I am a child of the 80s after all. The only real no-no, shallow as it may be, is black guitars; hate em. natural wood coloured ones would be of most interest. I'm in Sussex but work in London. Willing to drive an hour or 2 if necessary for the right guitar. 

Anything out there?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• supessupes Frets: 183
    My mate is selling a a Tokai explorer, made in China I think, white/cream, upgraded pups, lovely sounding thing just a stupid shape or I'd have it :)
    Would have to be posted though, we're oop north. On the plus side it's very reasonably priced.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    supes said:
    My mate is selling a a Tokai explorer, made in China I think, white/cream, upgraded pups, lovely sounding thing just a stupid shape or I'd have it :)
    Would have to be posted though, we're oop north. On the plus side it's very reasonably priced.

Thanks mate. I'd probably pass on that one as it's the same as the one I had. I stripped that one and found the quality of the wood was, erm, questionable. It was mainly filler and laminated guff. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • supessupes Frets: 183
    No probs mate, I'm sure it will go. No idea of the wood quality to be honest, but I can say he's gone through many guitars in the band we play in - this sounds better than anything he's played so far, and he's gone through some £££ guitars :) 

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    V instead perhaps?  ;)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    1981 Ibanez destroyer II DT400 of interest?
    Rowby1 said:
    V instead perhaps?  ;)
    Love the way they look but hate the way they play when seated and I'm an idle bastard...

John_A said:
    1981 Ibanez destroyer II DT400 of interest?
    It'd be an outsider, but I suspect that it's a sunburst one? Maybe a bit flashy/metally. 

I know it sounds daft given the guitar I'm after but understated is best...

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes it's sunburst and quite flashy I suppose, know what you mean about an understated explorer, good luck :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    No lonely unloved 'Splorers? A lovely natural 76 RI is just what my doctor recommended (not a PRS as you might expect :-) )