This is getting out of hand...

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
edited November 2016 in Guitar
The amount of things I see listed as "perfect for relic project", or tagged as relic.

Seems like every other guitar part on eBay is listed as such. The funny thing is most of the things tagged as relic aren't even that suitable for a relic project - things like shiny silver screws, chrome tremolo systems and maple necks that are really clean.

It also seems to be a way for some to try and charge more for an item that is basically crap - "body from an Encore strat, would cost you £10 new, but this one is damaged and 'perfect for a relic project' so I want £30 please.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    edited November 2016
    i hear ya - but since i juts listed 2 sets of pickup covers with the word relic in the title I am guilty

"relic" has replaced the word "used" or "broken" for many ebayers.  Whereas it does mean "new, but aged" for the stuff I have listed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I don't know what you mean?....:p

Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201706872912
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    DrJazzTap said:

Owner must wear jackets made of sandpaper when he plays guitar.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3592
    DrJazzTap said:

Thats actually been dragged down the road so truely 'road worn'.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    "Roadworn" - I don't have a case, I travel to gigs on the back of Motorcross bike, travelling through the swamps that surround Chernobyl, often in sandstorms. I also sweat neat battery acid and haven't washed my hands since 1973.

"Relic" - I got very drunk one night on Tesco Value Scotch, and decided that it was 'fun with power tools time', the missus wasn't interested in the Rampant Rabbit and my suggestive pose in the doorway, so I got this shit Strat out of the wardrobe and got busy with that angle grinder I got cheap from Aldi the other week. I fell over a couple of times and blacked out, so don't remember too much of it. I smeared my own faeces into the fingerboard to create the ageing effect I was after. I then rusted the screws and all the metal parts by immersing it in piss - once it was hosed down it looked pretty good. However, I have lost my glasses and my vision isn't quite so good without them (see comment about falling over and blacking out - maybe they went down the bog when I was trying to shit for the fingerboard detail...).

"Relic project" - I made a total bollocks of this, and the wife is nagging me about my shit DIY projects lying around the spare room.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Pmsl!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.