NAD (and stuff)

HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
Picked these up today...

The cab has a non-original front cloth (speakers are non-original, too). When it was first purchased, the seller told me that it used to sit in a chrome frame - sounds a bit Vox-ish?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Carlsbro pedals! I had the phaser and the flanger - about the size of a car but brilliant sounding things....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    What's that crazy looking pedal?  I want it lol
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    Yes, the cab looks like a Vox.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    Big wow from me
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    Great score!

Are those the Tony Iommi speakers in the cab?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    breadfan said:

Are those the Tony Iommi speakers in the cab?
    Interesting, I didn't know that.

They never had a good reputation in the past - they sound good, although quite soft and a bit dull-sounding - but mostly because the 50W rating is extremely optimistic and it's common to find them blown. I definitely wouldn't run a pair of them with a 100W amp - probably not even a quad if it was fully cranked. If Iommi did use them the chances are it would be a full eight with each 100W amp, which should be OK.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    Have you got the Copicat up and running?
    I suppose you got the whole lot for some ridiculously bargain price at a jumble sale.
  • From what I remember, there was a Goodmans 12PG, where the 'G' stood for guitar.  I used an AC30 through a 4x12 equipped with them for a while.
  • Want a Carlsbro Echo to go with the Sustain? :)

R.
  • Want a Carlsbro Echo to go with the Sustain? :)

R.
    I might do! ;)

Do tell...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• That looks like a valve copicat. They sound epic, but take care. My studio partner got fired across the room from a shock off one of those bad boys. It was an impressive distance!