Award Session Blues Baby 22

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
Does anyone have experience with these, how do they compare to a Blues Cube?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    Heretic.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Haven't played a Blues Cube but have the Blues Baby 22 chassis and when hooked up to a decent speaker it sounds good.
  • rlw said:
    Heretic.
    I'm playing at home, Valves are too loud. (My family doesn't like listening to me play.)
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Dunno but Guitar and Bass mag gave it a glowing review earlier this year. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    rlw said:
    Heretic.
    I'm playing at home, Valves are too loud. (My family doesn't like listening to me play.)
    I couldn't agree more.  Only have SS amps now.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I don't know if this is cheeky, but I have a Blues Cube Hot in the classifieds if that is of any interest. I think the Blues Baby is similar, maybe someone can chip in as to what it sounds like at lower volumes.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I don't know if this is cheeky, but I have a Blues Cube Hot in the classifieds if that is of any interest. I think the Blues Baby is similar, maybe someone can chip in as to what it sounds like at lower volumes.

I saw yours,  but I don't think the Hot has enough Gain, I was looking at the Blues Cube Stage but they are a little too much. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to try and play a Vox AV30 aswell. 

I saw yours,  but I don't think the Hot has enough Gain, I was looking at the Blues Cube Stage but they are a little too much. 
    Ah OK. You should be able to get a used Stage for well under £400, maybe around £350, not that many about though I guess.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.

Ah OK. You should be able to get a used Stage for well under £400, maybe around £350, not that many about though I guess.

I saw someone win one for £290 a few weeks ago, but I didn't have the cash. 
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I had one, it was fantastic ! It really did sound good, took pedals very well too . 

Sold it as it was only being used at home, and the then new baby in the house didn't approve so I went to Amplitude & headphones . 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1267
    If we're doing "alternatives to" then the bigger Fender Frontman variants really should get a look in.

The jam night I go to needed a second "house" amp this week so I put Youngest Son's Frontman 65 DSP (1x12, 65 Watts, digital modelling on the drive channel) in the back of the car alongside my Mesa Express 25. It really did sound nice with no "for it's price", "for a low end modeller", or "for SS" qualifiers required. Good big, bold, sparkly classic "Silverface Twin" type sound on the clean side, very usable "Cranked Tweed" on the modelling side and seriously loud. I was genuinely impressed.

The regular non-DSP versions in particular go for peanuts - OK, so the drive side is (in my opinion at least) unimpressive on those but the clean channel is great, plug a nice drive pedal or two into the front and you've got a great sounding, very giggable amp for silly money...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...