SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone! - Orange Rocker 30 + PPC212OB (open-back 2x12)

What's Hot
bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
edited November 2016 in Amps £
The head is SOLD!

A beastly piggyback rig that sounds great, looks awesome, sounds amazing and, oh yeah, LOOKS AWESOME.

The Rocker 30 head has two new Svetlana Winged C EL34s with less than 10 hours use on them. It's got more of a classic, tasteful overdrive sound than most modern Oranges. It does 60s dirt right up to raw cooking valve distortion. 30 watts that can sound like 50. I've mainly used it for cleans which are punchy, surprisingly chimey, fat and articulate. Speaking of surprises, once the new EL34s were fitted, the amp was dead silent in idle operation, even turned up full! Comes with cover and brand new footswitch (I only ever used one channel).

There are a few marks in the tolex and some wear on the handle but nothing you spot without looking for it.

The cabinet  is oversized but a lot lighter than it looks. The two 12" speakers are offset, giving the cabinet a squarer shape which I find a LOT easier to lug. It's actually deceptively easy to pick up and shift. The organist sometimes grabs the cab with one hand and the head in the other without a problem. This cab is almost mint, but for one ding on the lower back panel. 

Celestion V30s are controversial speakers but, honestly, they suit the rest of this rig pretty well. I had expected to load in some "better" speakers at some point but, once you get used to dialling the Rocker, it just works and sounds fantastic. This is why I'm listing them together. They're literally made for each other, as far as I'm concerned. 

However, if you want one and not the other, that's fine. I won't post because this stuff's heavy and the head has already had the last set of EL34s damaged by couriers.

TLDR; THIS IS A KILLER RIG AND YOU SHOULD BUY IT

PRICES:

• Orange Rocker 30 head (w/ cover and footswitch) - £SOLD
  • Orange PPC212OB - £250

The band will be gutted to know I'm shifting this but they'll get over once I show them what the money is going towards. Get in touch with any questions or offers.

More images available on request.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments