SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 1983/84 Tokai Silver Star (70s style Strat, Black/Maple) £Withdrawn

What's Hot
bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1392
edited November 2016 in Guitars £
I've not had this long, and I'm sad to see it go because I really love the sound and feel of this guitar, but something big has come up and I need funds.

Like a late 70s Fender Strat in just about every way, expect the things that suck about those Strats. Tokai did 3-bolt necks properly, with better QC leading to quality neck joints. 

This is an SS38 and, unlike the Gold Star/Springy Sound models, all models of Silver Star have quality alnico magnet pickups that sound absolutely killer. Just pure, real vintage Strat tones. Alder body.

The neck is in astoundingly clean condition. There is some very slight pick wear on the neck finish near the heel, but it's otherwise impeccable. Frets are low and wide. It's a fast neck that's been set up with low action and chords easily. It currently has 11-54 strings on it, which are good to detune with, Strat fans!

There is some honest play wear to the body, as can be seen in the pictures. It's a very comfortable weight at 4kg/9lbs.

Let's start with £395 (collected from Birmingham centre) and work from there. Postage is an option and I have a padded gigbag that I can include.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Did you mean except rather than expect when it comes to the things that suck about a 70s Strat?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1392
    edited November 2016
    Did you mean except rather than expect when it comes to the things that suck about a 70s Strat?
    Probably! Edited for less ambiguity. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    GLWTS BTW - Hope you get your mitts on 'the one' soon ;)
    Bump for pics (more and bigger ones available on request)
    Weighing in at around 4kg, which seems high. It feels almost weightless in the hand. There was a 1979 Fender strat in the shop when I bought this and that was at least twice as heavy.
    Bump for better-than-a-Fender
    Someone on Facebook was gonna have it, they didn't, now it's BUMPED
    Don't make me eBay it. Please!!!
    I'm keeping hold of this until I figure out why no trem arm seems to fit!