The Twilight Sad - any other fans on here?

What's Hot

Basically they're my favourite band on the planet. Can't believe they are not huge. I saw them at the Scala a while back and the sound they make is immense. The guitars howl with angst and soul, and James Graham's voice is even angstier and more soulful than that.

Their output has been consistently brilliant, but my favourite song of theirs is still Cold Days In The Birdhouse. It's just.... everything, and what a guitar sound.

Any other fans here?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5520
    I like them. Seen them a couple of times but for some reason never went and got their stuff. Will need to remedy that.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28428
    I have fourteen autumns - think I heard them first on the Saints Row soundtrack. They're rather good, I should investigate further.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited November 2016
    Aye, I'm a fan for sure.

They are from the town I live in and my wife went to school with the drummer. I only heard of them through a mate at work though so I bought a few of their CDs in 2013 or so then went along to see them in a tiny venue in Stirling and was instantly a massive fan. Once I found out about them it turns out I know a lot of their families and schoolmates and they still kick about locally when they're not away gigging. I went to see them again at the Barrowlands last December and they are just so superb live. James has such a brilliant stage presence and is so passionate yet humble and always so blown away that people turn out to watch them at their gigs. My mate at work started speaking to James Graham senior at one gig and they now chat away online quite often, he seems to follow him all over the place and also seems such a pleasant, approachable guy. If you ever get the chance to see them live, definitely go along.

I've followed them online since I got into them and it's quite amusing... one day it's photos of them somewhere in the US or Denmark or something... the next it's photos of the local woods or the loch next to my house. Would really like to bump into James, Andy or Mark one day and buy them a few pints and have a chat.

They seem to do a lot of shows and have been out supporting The Cure so I'm hoping this gives them some extra exposure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Absolutely adore them - Birdhouse, That Summer and Last January are particularly brilliant
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone got any guitar gear info on them?
  • Awesome band. Been listening to them the last few years since a pal started playing bass for them.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom