Custom Guitar Case

What's Hot
enteeentee Frets: 93

My new guitar build is finally coming to a conclusion, so I am looking to get a case for it.  Does anyone know who might be able to supply one for a Gretsch 6199 BillyBo replica?  Are there any who make custom size ones?  Generic seem rather a compromise and I don't want 6 months of build to be ruined by a guitar rattling around inside a case that doesn't fit.

All info welcome  :)  Nick

Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2473
    edited November 2016
    Hiscox provide spare pads for the inside of their cases if you ask them. I'm sure their closest sized case plus a few well positioned pads would be a snug fit. 
  • Ah, just googled the billy Bo! Maybe not a Hiscox then!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Hiscox provide spare pads for the inside of their cases if you ask them. I'm sure their closest sized case plus a few well positioned pads would be a snug fit. 
    Ring or email them? I've tried emailing them before and never got a response.. I could do with a few spare pads for mine...
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    Ah, just googled the billy Bo! Maybe not a Hiscox then!

that's the 'problem' - not really a standard shaped guitar  :)
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Image result for rifle case
    Rifle case would be a good fit.
    That's what the guys on TGP use.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Image result for rifle case
    Rifle case would be a good fit.
    That's what the guys on TGP use.

Not thought about something like that, cheers.  Will look into it.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Wouldn't suggest using gun luggage if you're planning on taking it into public areas - could attract the wrong sort of attention. Bit of a different local culture for the tgp chaps I suspect :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    dchwhite said:
    Wouldn't suggest using gun luggage if you're planning on taking it into public areas - could attract the wrong sort of attention. Bit of a different local culture for the tgp chaps I suspect :)

Ironically, they can carry rifle cases and guns all day long and yet they'll get mercilessly gunned down by the cops if they're holding something as innocuous as an e-cigarette or a book (if they're black, that is).
    DiscoStu said:
    Yes very likely!  Thank you  :)  A tad expensive but it's a start...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5519
    Yeah pretty expensive! 
    If I were gigging etc then a wise investment, but it's only going to be taken out of the house once in a while, and rest of time will be hanging on the wall  lol
  • entee said:
    If I were gigging etc then a wise investment, but it's only going to be taken out of the house once in a while, and rest of time will be hanging on the wall  lol

I think you should just get one kf those Gator universal ones and some extra foam padding. 
    entee said:

I think you should just get one kf those Gator universal ones and some extra foam padding. 
    certainly looking more like it now