Dearmond guitars - good, OK or leave them where they are?

RockerRocker Frets: 4985
In my ongoing search for a guitar, I have been offered a Dearmond (I think the model is M70). Anyone familiar with this guitar? Thanks
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Kinda fun, rather heavy, decent and a bit different, snap it up... at the right price. 

M75 with a Bigsby is more fun still. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72427
    Essentially a far-east-made Les Paul with slightly different styling. DeArmond is Guild's budget brand as Epiphone is to Gibson - decent quality, perhaps a bit generic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited November 2016
    I've had several over the years - a Jetstar, an S73-12 and currently have an M75T. I regret getting rid of the first two, but the M75T is a keeper. I find myself using it a lot for recording, although it feels a bit weighty for gigging unfortunately. 

They are very well made and the pickups on the high-end models are superb. The M70 appears to have the GoldTone humbuckers which are very nice on the mahogany body, and are 4-conductor so can be switched and tapped etc. They seem to have gone up in price recently, but I think they are worth it*. Not sure about the bolt-on necked ones mind.

* Depending on the asking price, of course - I recently saw an M75T on Ebay for £850. That's optimistic!
  • i had a M65 which was like a LP junior with twin humbuckers, very decent guitar, would get another one if i needed another
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14302
    tFB Trader
    dogload said:

* Depending on the asking price, of course - I recently saw an M75T on Ebay for £850. That's optimistic!
    I'd have said damn right ridiculous - £300/400 is a fair price range

Released by Fender once they purchased Guild - some of the jazz and semi based models are very good and under-rated today - nothing essentially wrong with the guitar - a touch heavy - decent build quality - cool and different - Best bet to some is the USA Dearmond Gold Tone pick-ups that they are fitted with - maybe not 1st choice for Bonamassa rock blues, but grunge, Indie, jazz and clean blues very nice - Some whip the p/ups out and sell them on their own

Today a cool alternative to an Epi LP