Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Am I a bad person?

What's Hot
I"m at a conference, the only person here from my work and the morning presentations were good but at lunchtime I grabbed some of the buffet lunch and went up to my room and had a beer from the mini bar and couldn't be arsed to go back down in the afternoon and stayed in my room watching telly.

I have made copious notes to show how excellent and beneficial the conference was for when I get back. I will go to the morning sessions tomorrow...I promise.

Am I a bad person?  B)

what are your guilty tales of bunking off?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Once had a conference at the millennium stadium in Cardiff . Bunked off after lunch , jump barriers and found fire escapes to the top tiers , 3 of us spent a while racing around the top of the stadium .  Surreal ! 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You are both going straight to hell
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    Once had a conference at the millennium stadium in Cardiff . Bunked off after lunch , jump barriers and found fire escapes to the top tiers , 3 of us spent a while racing around the top of the stadium .  Surreal ! 
    I love that!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did similar once! 
  • Hold on a sec, you're supposed to actually do "work" when you're away on a jollie? Oops, I've been doing this wrong ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've gone for a cheeky lunchtime pint several times only to conveniently forget to go back in that afternoon.

At one warehouse I worked in we had a pallet truck riding competition too.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've gone for a cheeky lunchtime pint several times only to conveniently forget to go back in that afternoon.

Ah the old pallet lifter racing, what respectable warehouse dwellers haven't engaged in that joyous activity? I know I have back in the day.

LOLOP races, awesome use of time :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931

They'll know, when they see the beer from the mini-bar on the bill...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:

Especially if the bill is itemised with time stamps.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I once went for two shits in the same 4-hr evening shift.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    ^ That is definitely a bad person.

I've seen it but I don't want to watch it again... it'll just kill my buzz after playing a cool gig.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    I once went for two shits in the same 4-hr evening shift.
    Rebel

• Nitefly said:

Especially if the bill is itemised with time stamps.
    Well there will be a red wine and bag of crisps on there too then

• I went to a trade show at Olympia for approx. 35 minutes then sloped off to Denmark St and Tottenham Court Rd then an early train home. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    No, you are not a bad person. You are just a bad employee.
  • A colleague at the first company I worked for had an interesting tale. He was supposed to go to a conference in Tokyo. He arrived, found the hotel OK but then "couldn't find" the Ericsson office and so just had a bit of a jolly until it was time to fly home.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6172
    edited November 2016
    When I worked for BT from home, I would often have to attend day long large meeting\events run by the egoistic division director in order to spread his 'vision'.. which mean't sitting through hours of tedious marketing bullshit that mean't nothing to me as a web developer.
    I remember losing the will to live at one particular event that was literally held in a cold cattle-shed at an agricultural showground near Coventry. I got so cold that at the first coffee break I went back to my car to get a spare jumper.. and then thought 'feck-it' and instead of going back, drove home.  The next day no one mentioned my absence.. so after that, at all future events of that ilk, that I was forced to attend, I would book in and then at the first coffee-break disappear off to somewhere quiet and when everyone had gone back into the meeting, get in the car and leave .

Therefore you are definitely not a bad person.. but a wise one. :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I"m at a conference, the only person here from my work and the morning presentations were good but at lunchtime I grabbed some of the buffet lunch and went up to my room and had a beer from the mini bar and couldn't be arsed to go back down in the afternoon and stayed in my room watching telly.

I have made copious notes to show how excellent and beneficial the conference was for when I get back. I will go to the morning sessions tomorrow...I promise.

Am I a bad person?  B)

what are your guilty tales of bunking off?
    I really don't understand how you can deal with that kind of guilt. 

If you are a Catholic, I would recommend go to your nearest church for confession as soon as you can.