Dash cameras?

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
Anybody have one of these installed? i had another incident of a boy racer screaming along a dual carriageway and narrowly missing my front bumper by barging in at the last second.

As much as id like to grab him by the scruff of his neck. You just can't do those sort of things.
So.....as well as having a camera which would help me out in an accident (if its not my fault).  Would I be able to use this footage or submit it to the authorities to report dangerous drivers? 
I'm not infallible btw but I certainly don't drive like a loon. if anyone does use a camera, any brands to go for?
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    I Use a Transcend dash camera for a year now, seems good, but you will need to upgrade the SD card, Also actually makes you drive better yourself !...dont bother sending any footage off to anyone, total waste of time and effort,  better just stick it on youtube and hope someone knows them.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Grocer's apostrophe removed ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Jalapeno said:
    Grocer's apostrophe removed ;)
    thanks autotext :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28735
    DrJazzTap said:
    Would I be able to use this footage or submit it to the authorities to report dangerous drivers? 
    The DVLA has a bit where you can submit evidence to suggest that a person should be removed of their driving licence.

I think it's intended more for elderly relatives, but who knows?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    The police have zero interest in dash cam footage unless they've already asked for witnesses to an incident.
    Chalky said:
    The police have zero interest in dash cam footage unless they've already asked for witnesses to an incident.
    damn :(
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    edited November 2016
    Transcend -- super clear pics.
    Got the recommendation from here as it happens.
    It's definitely reached that stage where it feels weird to drive without it -- a bit like leaving home without your mobile:  you know you could do it but it just feels odd if you do.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    Never felt like I've needed one for the car but considering it for my road bike. Had far too many near misses recently, normally by arseholes who can't wait an extra few seconds and just have to try and squeeze past. And lorries.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24447
    I use one in case I just happen to catch footage of something I can sell to the press / you've been framed.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Emp_Fab said:
    I use one in case I just happen to catch footage of something I can sell to the press / you've been framed.
    I worked with a guy who sold a mobile phone picture to the sun for £250. I think it was of a fire at a petrol station. Knowing my luck, I'd be the one on you've been framed.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24447
    Why ?  Were you the one who set it on fire then ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Why ?  Were you the one who set it on fire then ?
    i just have one of those faces 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom