SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - Jet City JCA22H

chenzmanchenzman Frets: 193
edited December 2016 in Amps £
Hi all,

Now looking for a JCA22H if anybody has one? Was supposed to be collecting one tonight but it's fallen through so have cash waiting!!

Thanks

Vince 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chenzmanchenzman Frets: 193
    Bump, anyone have one of these or suggest the JCA22H can get close?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17853
    tFB Trader
    Depends if you want cleans.

The jca22h has virtually no clean channel.
    Depends if you want cleans.

The jca22h has virtually no clean channel.
    Thanks for the input dude, much appreciated.

Have you tried both amps? If so would you say the custom is better for versatility especially from having useable clean and gain channels? Also, are they voiced that much differently on just tweaks on the original?

I'm tempted to try the JCA22H first as It's more likely to be available 2nd hand and pop a lower gain V1 valve in to see how it behaves with the Volume dimed and gain used to control levels. Looking at Videos online it seems to be quite effective.
    tFB Trader
    I have both a 22h and 50 at mine at the mo.

The custom 22is I believe a revoiced 22h. The 50 might be worth a go for you as it has more headroom and works better for rolled off cleans.
    I'm definately looking for a small factor head so the 50 would be out of the question. I suppose having some spare cash and Gas is getting the best of me and feel I should have spent the money already ;) it does sound like the custom 22 may be the way to go but if a JCA22H comes up at a reasonable price I may have to buy it just to try one 
  • The Custom 22 does have a proper clean channel - the preamp's totally redesigned relative to the 22H. The effects loop is instrument-level too.

While I haven't tried one, a lot of people I trust have said that; also, the clean channel has more clean headroom in the preamp than the 50H.
    <space for hire>
    The Custom 22 does have a proper clean channel - the preamp's totally redesigned relative to the 22H. The effects loop is instrument-level too.

While I haven't tried one, a lot of people I trust have said that; also, the clean channel has more clean headroom in the preamp than the 50H.
    Thanks @digitalscream, sounds like the Custom 22 is the way to go then! If nothing comes up on here I think I'll order a new one then :) 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Keep the gain down on the jca22h and there's plenty of clean available
    tFB Trader
    John_A said:
    Keep the gain down on the jca22h and there's plenty of clean available
    Not on the one I've got!
    edited November 2016
    strange, with the gain on about 1 on mine there's plenty of volume to get over a drummer with the master about 1/2 way up
    I must say I've seen a few people on line now getting clean tones out of the JCA22H, I think I'll try one of these first before buying the Custom 22, especially as I can get it second hand
    Bump, now looking for a JCA22H, cash waiting!!
    You can have mine, mint, boxed with ROQSOLID cover. Drop me a PM