SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD | Marshall Handwired 1974x Combo

What's Hot
challenchallen Frets: 51
edited December 2016 in Amps £
Sounds as good as it looks. Lovely, fat and woody with all that el84 chimey goodness. Chunky, rootsy clean tones through to singing Bluesbreaker leads. All achievable at sound engineer friendly(ish) volumes.

8.5/10 condition, few marks on the tolex but nothing major.
Tremolo footswitch included.

Speaker is the stock Celestion G12M-20 Greenback which has been 'aged' for a warmer sound. Its low sensitivity allows for those classic tones at reasonable volumes. Think they made the cone out of a slightly different material, sounds gorgeous.

Full spec on Marshall website here: https://marshallamps.com/products/amplifiers/handwired-series/1974x/

£800 collected from Bristol. Happy to drive a reasonable distance to meet if you should require. Also interested in trades for boutique 1x12 cabs.

For some reason all the photos have rotated, no idea why - apologies in advance!

Cheers,
Charlie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Beautiful 
  • Love mine! Perfect gigging amp. 
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2016
    Can never understand why these seem to take a while to sell whenever they come up.

If I was gigging I'd be all over one.  Not too heavy and have just enough oomph to get a place going.  Those G12m-20 drivers are something special.  GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andyoz said:
    Can never understand why these seem to take a while to sell whenever they come up.

If I was gigging I'd be all over one.  Not too heavy and have just enough oomph to get a place going.  Those G12m-20 drivers are something special.  GLWTS.
    Cheers Andy. I think people might pigeonhole them as being a one trick pony because they are so simple. They make an excellent platform for pedals and can cover a lot of ground in some pretty varied genres.

It's not all about LPs and turning this up to 10!
    I've got the 1974cx cabinet and it's my most used cabinet.
  • andyoz said:
    I've got the 1974cx cabinet and it's my most used cabinet.
    Not surprised! I can imagine pairing one up with this amp would yield some pretty amazing results!
  • Bump
  • Saturday bump. Looking for trades on boutique cabs. Cash offers also welcome!
  • BUMP
  • Bump
  • Price drop bump
  • Bump
  • Bumpy
  • SOLD
    Good!
  • Great news as I was considering it as part of a 2 amp rig with the LJ20 ... Saved the kids Christmas !! Phew
  • Great news as I was considering it as part of a 2 amp rig with the LJ20 ... Saved the kids Christmas !! Phew
    Great idea! Seriously though, wouldn't that be a case of overdriven combined with more overdriven - and no clean to speak of?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Great idea! Seriously though, wouldn't that be a case of overdriven combined with more overdriven - and no clean to speak of?

Clean would turning the guitar volume down and selecting the right amp.

More for layers of tone rather than a clean / dirty thing.