Donner, mooer etc. What are the best and cheapest mini clones

CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
edited November 2016 in FX
So I have the rat clone by donner. It's really very good. I know there are loads of these essentially mooer pedals rebadged and I have had (and regret selling) the mooer elec lady and trelicopter.

What are the best or cheapest  clones now ? looking to put on of those mini boards together  

Looking for analogue delay, reverb,fuzz face, miab, phaser etc but maybe something wild like  bit crusher or something

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Technically not analogue, but the 'Analog' Delay by Belcat sounds really nice - clear but still 'analoguey' with some slight modulation on the repeats
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Is that one of the mini ones ?

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I was very impressed by the Tone City Tape machine. It held up well against an EHX Memory Toy and has only been replaced by a TC Flashback Mini.

If you're looking for a chorus, I have a Donner mini chorus not being used.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited November 2016
    Rowin Echo (also rebadged Ammoon Delay and possibly Doner 'Yellow Fall') are 'analogue' delays which are superb audio clarity and low floor noise.  I have the Ammoon.

The Kokko Overdrive tube screamer is on my list as is only £15.09. Kokko are also NuX

I don't need another TS but at this price it wold be rude not to...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I like the Ana Echo. Simple but sounds good
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4550
    Eno's have been good to me
  • I think it's fair to say that each range has its gems, 
    Mooer has struck gold with a lot of its pedals, the Trelicopter, 90 Phase, ElecLady, Rat clone etc
    Rowin and Donner seem to be copies of those, so the same holds true but for example the Rowin Harmoniser is total garbage.

its worth compiling a list of the gold star models within each range perhaps along the lines of @Drew_TNBD big list of MIDI pedals. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    I have the Donner yellow Fall pedal, works great and easy to dial in, only default to my boss if I need tap tempo
    Also have a Mosky Dyna Compressor (bit noisy but great for Pink floyd) and a Xp boost pedal, so far I am very impressed with the mini pedals tone wise, some of them do pop when switvhing thanks to the true bypass, not sure if that will be a problem live for me yet though as I have not gigged for a few years now.
  • The tone city tape machine, Mooer chorus ensemble, Mooer yellow compressor and Mooer flex boost  are all Win Win Win and 100% recommended.
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    The Mooer Reecho is a fab sounding thing. Sounds great and has been completely reliable in the couple of years I've used mine. Highly recommended 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    I've recently bought a mooer cruncher from here. never tried the real thing but through my hrd with a v30 I'm absolutely knocked out by howay good a £30 pedal (sh ) can sound. 

Will certainly be trying others in the range.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited November 2016
    Apparently these are what the tone city are clones of

• Wild Fire Distortion – Suhr Riot
    • Golden Plexi – Carl Martin Plexi Tone (which is based off of a Marshall Style Amp)
    • Tape Machine – Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay Pedal
    • Dry Martini Overdrive – Fulltone OCD
    • Sweet Cream Overdrive – Mad Professor Honey Overdrive
    • Mandrogora Overdrive – Kalamazoo Love Pedal
    • Kaffir Lime Overdrive – Xotic BB-Preamp
    • Bad Horse Overdrive – Klon
    • Black Tea – Carl Martin AC-Tone (which is based off of a Vox AC30)
    • Fuxx Fuzz – Fulltone ULtimate Octave Fuzz Pedal

• My favourites that i've tried (some mentioned above already):

Belcat Analogue Echo - Not quite as small as mooer etc. but sounds awesome. One of my favourite delays, just wish it had a greater range of delay times.
    Donner yellow fall - Outstanding delay for the price
    Donner Morpher  - I think this is a Suhr Riot clone, only cost me £12 and was on my board for ages, had a really nice lead tone for solos.
    Donner Boost Killer - Nice, simple boost pedal. I gather it's a copy of an xotic EP boost but i've never tried one to compare them.
    Mooer Cruncher - Sounds absolutely huge, as mentioned above. Too much gain for what i'm doing at the moment but if I was doing rock/metal stuff it would definitely be on my board.
    Mooer green mile - awesome pedal, my current favourite drive, super flexible.
    Mooer Tender Octaver - Amazing POG clone, sounds like the real thing. I expect the price will rise now that they are no longer made and people are realising how good they are.
    Digitech bad monkey - sounds exactly like the green mile to me, but not mini.

One that not many people have heard of:
    Movall Minotaur - a cheap chinese klon clone, sounds similar to an EHX soul food and does a very good job!

Of the above pedals, i'm currently using the Donner Boost Killer, Mooer Green Mile and Movall Minotaur on my gigging board. The tender octaver would definitely be on there as well if I had an excuse to use it more often.

I'm really keen to try the Tone City tape machine and also the Mooergan if I ever see one for sale.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4550
    The Mooergan sure does look good
  • steersteer Frets: 1189
    I have two:

The Mooer Yellow delay - which is nice & subtle. Recommended

My favorite the Donner Boost Killer. I have used it as a clean boost at the beginning of signal chain, and it does the "removing duvet from over your amp" thing well. I have also used it as an overdrive pedal being driven by an EHX Sould food. They pair up well - so much so it has replaced my tube screamer as my overdrive of choice.