Walnut's Last Walk

What's Hot

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/12/people-and-their-dogs-join-walnut-the-greyhound-for-his-last-ever-walk-on-the-beach-6252724/

Looks like hundreds of people turned out to support Walnut. 

He was PTS 10 minutes ago.

As an owner of a geriatric dog I'm going to have to do this one day. Although my goodbye will hopefully be a private family affair,  I think Walnut's owner did a nice thing. Each to their own in these circumstances.

Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5180
    I was in Newquay yesterday and every local I spoke to was going to turn up for his last walk 
  • I am in tears here, I kid you not. What a beautiful thing to happen.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd prefer to have my 20 year old cat go in private but the turn out for Walnut put a smile on my face :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• There's an awful lot of social media bile and bitterness about this story, claiming that the dog owner is media hungry and has turned it into a circus.

I don't see anything wrong with the story to be honest. Other people only want to join the walk out of compassion I reckon.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    Lovely story. As somebody who has seen a beloved dog put to sleep I can empathise with him. I think getting other dog owners to join Walnut for his final walk is a wonderful thing.
  • I must have missed the negative stuff but I don't see any harm in doing what he did  and it's good to see others join in as well.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    It's good hearted but a bit cruel though eh. 

Dogs are pack animals and they'll usually wander off away from the pack on their own when they are weak and dying.  What seems like a heartfelt send off with a lot of other people and other dogs would have really stressed the old bugger out no end and is not what really what nature intended, although I don't know how sick or close to death he was.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    edited November 2016
    There's an awful lot of social media bile and bitterness about this story, claiming that the dog owner is media hungry and has turned it into a circus.

I don't see anything wrong with the story to be honest. Other people only want to join the walk out of compassion I reckon.

That's a shame - there are some cynical bastards about.

As I said before - it wouldn't be my approach but I don't think his actions were at all disingenuous. He probably just wanted to attract support locally but the world is a very small place these days and things soon go viral.
    Previously known as stevebrum