New Kitten Day

What's Hot
TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
I picked a tiny kitten last night. I haven't checked out it's gender yet, so for now I'm assuming it's a he. When I first saw him he was hissing and spitting like a motherfucker, which I put down to him being nervous and not having been given the chance or time and space to settle down by his last owner. He's still quite nervous today but  I managed to get him purring. I'll book him in to see a vet on Monday, just to cover myself and make sure he's fit and healthy and tips on how to raise a kitten, but this weekend is mostly about getting him comfy.

Snowy on the other hand seems to have declined in the last week or two. He's 20 so I knew from day 1 not to expect him to last very long but he's been a pleasure to look after. Currently he's mainly in a quiet comfortable corner of my bedroom and seems to prefer being left to himself. I'm keeping an eye on him but it doesn't look good.

Any here's Loki the kitten.....

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/145793727@N06/30896237256/

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 20 is a very good age for a cat. probably the equivalent of a human being 100.

good luck with the new arrival.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    20?!  I hope my cats don't last that long the thieving twunts they are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've only had Snowy a few months as his previous owner died. He's been pretty mischievous though  =)

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2963
    edited November 2016 tFB Trader
    Nice one, kittens are ace :) Good luck with ol' Snowy too.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    HNKD though!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4735
    Blacks cats are the best.  Unpopular though.  Top work sir.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4324
    Looks just like my Oscar when he was a kitten. 

He's now about 8kg and as big as a medium size dog :)

As RLW said, there's something special about black cats. They're a bit out there, compared to other colours. 

Congratulations on your new owner! ;)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sad news about Snowy Scott, cats do tend become withdrawn when something's up. Just keep him comfy and with food and water next to where he's holed up. And talk to him, let him know you're there.

Loki sounds like a boy, they do fight more as kittens, and it's the most fun to have a tiny little ball of fluff effectively saying "Come here, giant human, I'm going to fucking rip you to shreds!" ;) At least until they get a little bigger and the threat becomes a reality! Black cats are apparently the least adopted of all refuge and cattery cats so well done, although it was obvious you'd chose one.

Playfighting is what kittens do with each other, so lots of that, helps to form a good bond. And toys, lots of toys, scratching post with at least one extra level is good if you can.

As with human offspring though, best to keep him away from the hard stuff (catnip) until out of the teenage years, so 1 1/2-2 years.

If Loki does turn out to be a girl, get her spayed at a suitable age (vet will advise), or you'll soon have a lot more than 1 new kitten.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Count the black dots around the back to sex a cat. Three for a boy two for a girl. Not always cool-proof - we had a cat called Garfield that I thought was a Tom. Even when I caught "him" getting rid, I refused to admit I was wrong, and that we just had a gay cat. A Cosmo th later "he" had kittens.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Congratulations. I take my hat off to all those who help cats, dogs -or whatever- have a high quality life. Mine is nearly 16 and still great. Cheers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited November 2016
    Yay! New kitten day is ALWAYS a good day ! He is absolutely beautiful! Congrats and I'm sure it'll be a very happy addition to your family Looks bit like mine when she was this tiny :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would love to have a Kitten but my mum is allergic to their fur. 
  • I would love to have a Kitten but my mum is allergic to their fur. 

Move mom. 
    Get kitten.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • For those who don't know me as well as @littlegreenman I've got a dark, twisted side, so a black cat is ideal for a creep like me =) I've been giving Snowy lots of attention, my reasoning being I'd like him to know he's cared about all the way.

@BigBearKris that's a cute kitty :)

Loki is slowly getting more adventurous but he's still nervous. Once I get him to sit still long enough I'll check for dots round the back :)