Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1971 Gibson ES-345 Stereo *£1850

What's Hot

Comments

• Always worth an ask! Could you measure it if you get chance?
    Will do... Weight and nut width on the way! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Weight - 8lb 15oz
    nut - 1 9/16"
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £2150?
  • too skinny for me! Good luck with the sale, thats a killer price
  • Seen something I want to buy so £1999.99 to someone here! Collection ASAP cash price ;)
  • If this is still available next week after I get paid I might have to buy this. Absolute beauty. 
  • JamesOB1 said:
    If this is still available next week after I get paid I might have to buy this. Absolute beauty. 
    I'd be happy to hold out til then if you're definitely interested.
  • Thanks Jimmy. Let me double check with the better half and I'll come back to you
  • Bump! I thought this was a bit of a bargaindacious price?! Just to confirm there are no breaks, back of neck only refin, not headstock face.
  • That's one of the best looking guitars I've eve r seen on here, will see if it's still around after xmas prezzies have been bought.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    OMFG... :o That is just about one of finest guitars I've ever seen.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    A very nice guitar. Sure there will be comments about the narrower nut but fifteen years of ES-3*5s had that and plenty of them sold. The narrower nut didn't handicap Larry Carlton   Similar grumbles are heard about the volute of the 70s models but it only comes into play if you spend a lot of time at the first two or three frets. The volute is there for strength in what is otherwise a Gibson weak point.

Weightwise, at 8lb 15oz it is 11oz heavier than my '82 ES-335 but the bigsby must make up a fair bit of that difference. The OP doesn't say whether the original lightweight trapeze tailpiece was retained. Even with the bigsby fitted the guitar is lighter than a lot of Les Pauls.

At the asking price this is quite a bargain so GLWS and have a bump on me, although with Christmas expenses coming it's possibly not the best time of year to try selling?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Narrow nut ftw. I have 73 and 66 es335 and I always have hard time when I pickup my 59 reissue or edwards 335. Narrow necks are comfortable af
  • PennPenn Frets: 661
    edited November 2016
    That guitar is one I wish I could afford. Lovely thing. 

The inlays look ace. 
  • Bump, further (and final) price drop! Bargaindacious killer guitar.
  • That is a beauty.  On the off chance, would a 2014 BadCat Black Cat 15R combo be of any interest to you, with cash your way?
  • algroves1 said:
    That is a beauty.  On the off chance, would a 2014 BadCat Black Cat 15R combo be of any interest to you, with cash your way?
    Only selling to fund another guitar I've seen so cash sale only for this, sorry Al!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Is Postage an option?
  • tone1 said:
    Is Postage an option?
    Yes it is... so is personal delivery as I travel quite a bit. I see you're in South Devon, I'm staying with friends in Plymouth next weekend, could arrange to meet.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    tone1 said:
    Is Postage an option?
    Yes it is... so is personal delivery as I travel quite a bit. I see you're in South Devon, I'm staying with friends in Plymouth next weekend, could arrange to meet.
    Very tempting...I'll start counting some pennies! Cheers  :)