Any gamers into Darkest Dungeon?

I've never been a video game player before. I made some half-hearted stabs at a couple of games many years ago but usually never got beyond half-an-hour in before giving up because I was so crap at them.  Then earlier this year I watched my son playing Darkest Dungeon and was so blown away by what I saw that I thought "I have to try that!"

Several months  and MANY hours of gameplay later I finally beat it today. My first video game victory - yay!. Going to decompress for a while with some different games, but I think a return to the Dungeon is inevitable. Also, DLC coming in the new year: gotta try that.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28735
    There's a gaming thread here which you are welcome to join. You are, of course, also more than welcome to have your own threads for particular games. :)

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/631/whatcha-playing#latest

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • D'oh! Hadn't realised that - sorry: should have posted there.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28735
    I wasn't telling you off! :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    What sort of game is it? Xbox, pc?
  • It was first available Windows, MacOs, and SteamOs+Linux; I believe it came out for PlayStation4 quite recently. I play via Steam on a MacBook pro and it is fine on that.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Ooh steam on a macbook, I shall give it a look

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    The narrator is absolutely brilliant, him and the aesthetic really make the game.
  • @Bidley Agreed - Wayne June's voice acting is outstanding. His sardonic quips and comments during your battles and progress through the dungeons raises the experience to another level. Indeed the whole sound design of the game, from the background noises to the sound that weapons and hits make is exceptionally well done. I ususally have headphones on to play the game even if I don't need to, because the sonic textures are so rich.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Just got notification that it is on special on Steam, 40% off, so down to £11.39