Notation software using a graphic tablet?

What's Hot
Do any music transcription / notation software work with a graphics tab and pen?

I've got the student version of Sibelius and using a mouse is so slow. I'd like something like Staffpad, but I don't have the funds to buy a MS Surface Pro. 

Anything that lets me use a pen the old fashioned way, but still play it back to me would be awesome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28670
    Dunno, but I find Musescore pretty darned quick to use.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24622
    I'll give anything a try at this point!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28670
    Worth a punt. Bit of a learning curve, and some operations are a bit unWindows, but lots of expertise and tutorials out there.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    the secret to sibelius is keyboard shortcuts.. the vast majority of entry can/should be done this way..

make sure you have a keyboard with a number pad!

number pad is note value (same layout as the pop-up OSD pad), key letter is note (it's fairly clever about guessing logical scalar motion, occasionally for big jumps you'll have to correct the octave of a note).. and many more. But once you've learnt it, it is very quick.. and yeah, you shouldn't need to touch the mouse much!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bob21bob21 Frets: 170
    Also FWIW, I would really try and stick with sibelius - it is, in my experience, by far the most powerful and effective scoring program, and if you do any collaboration at all, it is the format of choice!
  • Guitar pro? Not a full blown score writing program but you can input notation and get Tab notation as a by product
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    bob21 said:
    Also FWIW, I would really try and stick with sibelius - it is, in my experience, by far the most powerful and effective scoring program, and if you do any collaboration at all, it is the format of choice!
    This
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback