Mind blown

What's Hot
have just attended a lecture by Prof. Brian Cox.
Wow.
He explains things really well, but the second you leave and think about it your mind goes into complete meltdown.
4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Things can only get better 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I think he's an occasional guest lecturer at my sister's uni. Bit jealous.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Several years ago, I attended a short lecture by Lord Winstone aimed at the kids in the audience. The kids enjoyed it but the parents were spellbound! We all left in wide-eyed wonderment!
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Are you saying, you love cox? 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He did a presentation at my son's school. I was really excited on his behalf - my son thought he was a bit of a tool....

Youth truly is wasted on the young.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't like Brian Cox, I've watched so many of his documentaries in Physics Lessons because my teacher loved him. I can't stand his voice any more.
  • I saw a Johnny Ball lecture at the BETT show a few years ago. I cried for my lost youth at the end.. what a man. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    They sometimes trim his lectures for YouTube to get rid of the swearing. Most people prefer their Cox uncut, but cut is cleaner.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    edited November 2016
    I saw a Johnny Ball lecture at the BETT show a few years ago. I cried for my lost youth at the end.. what a man. 

Ball and Cox would make a great team

I can see the lecture now Ball and Cox, Mass Debate

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    So, are you going to tell us what this lecture was about? (I admit I'm partly checking to see if you were actually listening, or merely distracted by his hair.)
  • It was about big data (at Mongo DB conference) talking about mapping the different densities in cosmic radiation (from Big Bang) and projecting forward to look at galaxy formation and the simulation roughly matched what we see today.
    Also talked about next mission to detect other bubble universis influence on our own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread was an unexpected LOL fest. Thanks all
    How very rock and roll
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    It was about big data (at Mongo DB conference) talking about mapping the different densities in cosmic radiation (from Big Bang) and projecting forward to look at galaxy formation and the simulation roughly matched what we see today.
    Also talked about next mission to detect other bubble universis influence on our own.

huh?
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    edited November 2016
    jellyroll said:
    It was about big data (at Mongo DB conference) talking about mapping the different densities in cosmic radiation (from Big Bang) and projecting forward to look at galaxy formation and the simulation roughly matched what we see today.

huh?

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• His wife was on A Good Read on my drive home tonight. She was talking about the Richard Feynman book which I have read. Exciting times. She did say she didn't always understand Brian.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    His wife was on A Good Read on my drive home tonight. She was talking about the Richard Feynman book which I have read. Exciting times. She did say she didn't always understand Brian.
    I love the Feynman books, he was an amazing character.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I saw a Johnny Ball lecture at the BETT show a few years ago. I cried for my lost youth at the end.. what a man. 

Professor Cox likes to keep quiet about his failed US lecture series with Professor Leonard Ucker a few years ago. 

It went down well in liberal hotspots like San Fran, but unfortunately The Cox-Ucker Tour bombed in the Bible Belt and conservative Mid-west.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Skarloey said:

Professor Cox likes to keep quiet about his failed US lecture series with Professor Leonard Ucker a few years ago. 

It went down well in liberal hotspots like San Fran, but unfortunately The Cox-Ucker Tour bombed in the Bible Belt and conservative Mid-west.
    Times have changed since then, this has been "going down" a storm:

http://www.ttujournalism.net/classes/jour3311/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2016/09/MILO-1.jpg