A Shameless Plug

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
In he truest spirit of rock and roll I've checked this with @TTony to make sure I'm not breaking any forum rules with this little plug. 

My band The Hijacked are just about to head into the studio to start the mixing of our debut album so with a bit of luck it will be finished and ready to go at the start of the year. 

As im on this site most of the time and most of the guitar tones originate on this site courtesy of MJW amps, Juansolo pedals and Oil City pickups, I thought I'd give my band a little plug on here. 

These are two of the songs from a little EP we recorded earlier this year 

https://m.soundcloud.com/thehijackedband/my-cocaine-mastered-wav

https://m.soundcloud.com/thehijackedband/any-port-in-a-storm-mastered

If you happen to like what you hear then please head over to our Facebook site, give us a like, maybe even a share if you feel so moved. 

https://www.facebook.com/thehijackedband/

End of plug until the album is done.

Thanks
Shaun

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Only had time to check that first link out but that's a damn fine tune - well done! Usually the singing can ruin things but it was really good, too. Nice solo run-down at 2:45. And nice vocals + guitar combo at 2:53+... Congrats!

I'd definitely listen to that in the car!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OK stuff it, first one was so good... I'll treat myself to the 2nd one lol... 
    Your singer is good - keep a hold of him! Guitars sound cool! Really driving bass and solid drums. 
    Like the instrumental bits at 1:15 to end the choruses. It's nice how the volume drops going into that next verse. 
    Good dynamics.
    Good stuff - first one was my fave.

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @thomasross20 thank you very much for having a listen. I'm glad you like these tracks. The album is basically 10 tracks of a similar ilk to these. 
  • No probs! I know it can be frustrating when you put yourself out there and there uptake is initially slow. Look forward to it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I like that -  a lot. The sort of thing I'll quite happily play at volume when I'm doing bits around the house. Really good singer but on my system he was just a little buried in the mix. It would be nice to hear him a little more prominently. Original tracks? - if so they are good. Post another shameless plug when the album is finished.

BTW the Facebook link didn't work for me.
    @Jimbro66 thanks for your kind words. 

They are all our own tracks so I'm glad you like them. Another shameless plug will be one the way in a few weeks.

the Facebook link should work now?
    @Jimbro66 & @thomasross20  as we are a little closer to the release next month we've got a little bit of an album teaser so I thought I'd continue the thread

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Ah sorry!! 
    Been so busy of late - give me a kick if I don't reply, I'm out just now (fiance's birthday tomorrow and wedding next week)!