What kind of sadist company makes pedalboards 1.5-pedals tall?

What's Hot
Harley Benton, Palmer and PedalTrain all make boards which are 8" tall instead of the 9.5" required for two normal sized BOSS pedals to sit one above the other. If they're not 8" they're about the size of an aircraft carrier - there doesn't appear to be anything in the middle.

Am I an idiot for not wanting to have to smush in pedals horizontally for the sake of a missing 2"? 

Yours sincerely, confounded in Croydon.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yep, and the aircraft carriers are 2.5 pedals tall. Bloody hell.
  • Sorry if this is a silly question, but why would you want to put two pedals on top of each other?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Well, not physically ontop of each other, just permitting two rows of pedals on a board.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but why would you want to put two pedals on top of each other?
    Stacking innit!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    It's so you can tesselate the pedals so that the stomp switches are spaced out more for when you're stompin in your flat, wide desert boots.

I think the pedalboard you want is a PT Jr.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oooo Tesselate, I haven't heard that word in ages. Good point though, and I think it might be a good shout.
  • The PT Jr is a great size for exactly this. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • oooo Tesselate, I haven't heard that word in ages. Good point though, and I think it might be a good shout.
    The only reason I know that word is thanks to Alt-J - which reminds me, its an awesome song, that I must now go listen to.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Because the extra half-a-pedalsworth of depth is pretty much perfect to put a Joyo PXL (or similar) looper across the front. Well that's what I do with it anyway...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • You'll notice that all of the Andertons product pictures show these odd 9" long x 2" high pedals in that row at the bottom. I guess some kind of loop switcher fits there for the other.. five pedals on the board.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
    bbill335 said:
    It's so you can tesselate the pedals so that the stomp switches are spaced out more for when you're stompin in your flat, wide desert boots.

I think the pedalboard you want is a PT Jr.
    Nah - get two Nanos or Minis - all in one row, no stepping over 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Oh that's a good call - one for up front, and one for an FX loop? But then - power?
    Oh that's a good call - one for up front, and one for an FX loop? But then - power?
    You can get 2 Power Plant Jrs (true iso, dead quiet) from Thomann for the price of one TRex or Voodoo power block.
  • bbill335 said:
    Oh that's a good call - one for up front, and one for an FX loop? But then - power?
    You can get 2 Power Plant Jrs (true iso, dead quiet) from Thomann for the price of one TRex or Voodoo power block.
    I don't think the Power Plant Juniors are properly isolated on each output. Mine makes a variety of novel robot noises depending on what it's plugged into. 
    bbill335 said:
    I don't think the Power Plant Juniors are properly isolated on each output. Mine makes a variety of novel robot noises depending on what it's plugged into. 
    I dunno, mine's pretty quiet. I know they market it as proper iso, I thought it had been confirmed as such. A lot better than the Chinese-made daisy chain boxes.
  • bbill335 said:
    bbill335 said:
    I dunno, mine's pretty quiet. I know they market it as proper iso, I thought it had been confirmed as such. A lot better than the Chinese-made daisy chain boxes.
    Actually I think I've jumped the gun in questioning the PowerPlant Jr's integrity, and the above comment is probably correct.  It seems to be exactly the same thing as a T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr which is agreed to have true isolation on all five outputs.

I think where I've gone wrong is using pedals with a current draw too high for the 120mA outputs (Akai Headrush, Zoom MS-50G).  It comes with a current-doubling cable so I might look into rearranging my cabling and have another go.
  • bbill335 said:
    bbill335 said:
    Actually I think I've jumped the gun in questioning the PowerPlant Jr's integrity, and the above comment is probably correct.  It seems to be exactly the same thing as a T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr which is agreed to have true isolation on all five outputs.

I think where I've gone wrong is using pedals with a current draw too high for the 120mA outputs (Akai Headrush, Zoom MS-50G).  It comes with a current-doubling cable so I might look into rearranging my cabling and have another go.