SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tophat Club Royale 2x12 20w - SOLD!

What's Hot
blindeddyblindeddy Frets: 5
edited January 2017 in Amps £
The venerable Tophat Club Royale. This one is from 2006 and Has The deeper 11 " cab. 2 EL84s and 3-12AX7s, tube rectified, 20 watts. Tone-wise it's a mixture between a Vox and Marshall. 

It has one Celestion blue and one Scumback H75-16. If you're not familiar with them Scumback is a boutique speaker maker in America and this is his version of a pre-rola Celestion. The amp originally had two Celestion blues and I swapped the Scumback in.

Amp is wired for 230V but in the off chance you ever move to a 110V part of the world it can easily be changed to 110V by swapping one wire for another. It's in excellent condition aside from one thing. it has some faint black marks on the top that were caused by the rubber feet of a unit sitting on top of it. You can see this in the photos. Aside from That its in great shape and works perfectly.  

Comes with a good quality padded cover. 

I'd like £1050 which includes shipping to the UK.

You can view more photos at: Tophat Club Royale

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    Wow! Very rare to see here but absolutely exceptional amps, At the very top of the game with Matchless, Bad Cat, Carr etc. I LOVED mine!

GLWTS! 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    Wow! Very rare to see here but absolutely exceptional amps, At the very top of the game with Matchless, Bad Cat, Carr etc. I LOVED mine!

GLWTS! 
    Absolutely bang on mate 
  • Couldn't agree more with the last two Gent's.

Amps like this will eventually tempt me back to electricity...it's a knocking bet.

Hope the sale goes well @blindeddy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

I've owned a Bad Cat and a Sampson era HC-30 at some point and I do agree that they all share a similar solid, "bomber" build quality. I hate to see it go but I have a couple of other amps and thats way more gear than I need considering that making music is not my top priority nowadays :).
  • Bump with a small price reduction. I'm not really looking for trades on this but I could be tempted into taking a DAM pedal on partial trade. Especially if it makes fuzzy tonebendery kind of sounds :). I've always been curious about his stuff but could never quite splurge for it.
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    Where in NL are you?
  • Plukky said:
    Where in NL are you?
    I wondered how long that was going to take... ;)
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4297
    Totally agree with what the guys have said above. These are awesome. Great cleans, incredible drive tones, and have that lovely 'feel' that all the best amps have. The controls are bonkers when you first try them, then you start to realise the genius. Even the most extreme settings give great usable tone, once you can convince yourself that it's ok to do it. Which is surprisingly hard for some reason.
  • Plukky said:
    Where in NL are you?
    Oddly enough I live in "Usquert" which is a small town in the very North of Holland. It's about a three hour train ride from Schipol.
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    Plukky said:
    Where in NL are you?
    I wondered how long that was going to take... ;)
    Smartarse!

blindeddy said:
    Plukky said:
    Where in NL are you?
    Oddly enough I live in "Usquert" which is a small town in the very North of Holland. It's about a three hour train ride from Schipol.
    Cool, I'm in Leiden, a bit too far away for a jam...

• blindeddyblindeddy Frets: 5
    edited December 2016
    Bump... with a lower price :)

• Thanks for this incredible Amp! One of the best i have ever been able to aquire! Clean and crunch tones are insane. Quality is far over the top!
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Congratulations on a great amp, much underrated.

Just to help things run smoothly:
    Forum rules say that you have to leave all content intact, including the price @blindeddy (supplemented with sold).

• Sorry Chris, now I know :).
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5078
    edited January 2017
    blindeddy said:
    Sorry Chris, now I know .
    Can you reinstate the asking price in the original post, in line with the rules. Thanks. 

blindeddy said:
    The venerable Tophat Club Royale. This one is from 2006 and Has The deeper 11 " cab. 2 EL84s and 3-12AX7s, tube rectified, 20 watts. Tone-wise it's a mixture between a Vox and Marshall. 

It has one Celestion blue and one Scumback H75-16. If you're not familiar with them Scumback is a boutique speaker maker in America and this is his version of a pre-rola Celestion. The amp originally had two Celestion blues and I swapped the Scumback in.

Amp is wired for 230V but in the off chance you ever move to a 110V part of the world it can easily be changed to 110V by swapping one wire for another. It's in excellent condition aside from one thing. it has some faint black marks on the top that were caused by the rubber feet of a unit sitting on top of it. You can see this in the photos. Aside from That its in great shape and works perfectly.  

Sorry this amp is SOLD!

You can view more photos at: Tophat Club Royale

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • blindeddy said:
    Sorry Chris, now I know .
    Can you reinstate the asking price in the original post, in line with the rules. Thanks. 

blindeddy said:

Amp is wired for 230V but in the off chance you ever move to a 110V part of the world it can easily be changed to 110V by swapping one wire for another. It's in excellent condition aside from one thing. it has some faint black marks on the top that were caused by the rubber feet of a unit sitting on top of it. You can see this in the photos. Aside from That its in great shape and works perfectly.  

Sorry this amp is SOLD!

You can view more photos at: Tophat Club Royale

Done!