Nexi beer proof pedals

hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

Just got this through on an email. Thought it was, if nothing else, an interesting ad campaign....

https://nexi.eu/pages/about-us

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    It's interesting.
    The flaw, I think, is that it looks it's a system, with the whole pedal board and stuff.
    And you know, as a breed of guitarists, it's typically just choosing a pedal here and a pedal there, buy and flip, mix and match till you get your specification, your sound.  No one company can manage that.

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Grunfeld said:
    It's interesting.
    The flaw, I think, is that it looks it's a system, with the whole pedal board and stuff.
    And you know, as a breed of guitarists, it's typically just choosing a pedal here and a pedal there, buy and flip, mix and match till you get your specification, your sound.  No one company can manage that.

Agreed. When it's so integrated, you might as well just buy a multi-fx unit, as you're limited to using only one manufacturer's fx in either case.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1778
    Grunfeld said:
    It's interesting.

Now if it was built round Boss pedals then they might stand a chance of a single-company pedal board.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    How many people have actually had pedals damaged by beer? I know it does occasionally happen but it's a long way down the list of hazards. I think I can remember two or three, in thirty years of fixing stuff - and that's counting all drinks as 'beer' [/heresy].

Amp damage caused by drinks getting in through the top vent, AKA 'beer trap' is far more common, in fact I was working on another one this week.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BigMonka said:
    Grunfeld said:
    It's interesting.

Now if it was built round Boss pedals then they might stand a chance of a single-company pedal board.
    For the dull guitarist
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    ICBM said:
    ...damage caused by drinks getting in through the top vent, AKA 'beer trap' is far more common...
    "Beer Trap"

Great name for a pedal.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    meltedbuzzbox said:

For the dull guitarist
    Or the ones who can get great sounds out of them ;).

They're also reasonably beer-proof since they have a properly-designed housing which covers the switch, not just leaving it sticking up on top :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein