Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are you on the KOT waiting list?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
i went on the Analogman King Of Tone waiting lis in March 2016 so it may be summer 2017 before I get chance to order.

what about you?

Did you receive an acknowledgement email to confirm your are on the list or not? I don't recall getting one

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    You should have received a confirmation you're on the list, from memory it comes from analogspam@aol.com...
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Have a llok at http://analogman.com/kotdelay.htm

You should have had an email. From the info on that link it looks like about an 18 month wait at the moment.
  • Yeah found it

• KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    I did the same thing at the same time, march 2017. I couldn't find a reply email so emailed Analogman to make sure he got it. In the meantime I found my email and Analogman claimed he never got it even though I forwarded him my reply I got from him. So that's set me back a fair few months. 
  • I signed up a few months ago. Got me a long wait
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    There's usually one for sale in Classifieds most weeks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsun said:
    I don't much fancy them prices!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mellowsun said:
    Although you have to be logged in for the exact 30 second period during which it is still available ... :-)
  • I signed up a few months ago. Got me a long wait
    me too

mellowsun said:
    I don't much fancy them prices!
    me too.

Over the last year they seem to have gone from 280 to 350 on here and upto 450 on ebay... nuts for a simple drive pedal.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7481
    I think I'm on the list again (had one before) but not sure if I'll take it when I come up - I ended up preferring the right side (higher gain mod) in to my EP booster, rather than in to my boost side. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    Who is on the waiting list purely to flip?
  • octatonic said:
    Who is on the waiting list purely to flip?
    I'm fully expecting to try it - realize it's nothing special - keep what I have and sell on.. but I'd be happy to be wrong and love it.

either way, win, win.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited November 2016
    I'm going to by one when my times comes up but who knows whether I keep it or not. Resale value will turn a profit.

I'm still looking for an overdrive to go alongside my JRAD Archer, I use a cleanish amp with the Archer giving a warm mid range boost and it knocks just a little off the low end and just a slightest hint of grit and it sounds great as an always on pedal but I want something that can add light to medium gain alongside it but without the stuffy mid-range and compression you get with a Tubescreamer.

I've tried many but can't find one that gives me that sound in my head.

I might try a Moller 2 next.   

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    And a mate of mine who wanted to buy my PoT rang Gigrig, got his name on the list and they happen to have an order on it's way from the US.  He was sorted within a few weeks of trying mine....is the KoT really that important...
  • An 18 month wait for a drive pedal?! Sheesh, the power of internet mythology is alive and well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • andyoz said:
    And a mate of mine who wanted to buy my PoT rang Gigrig, got his name on the list and they happen to have an order on it's way from the US.  He was sorted within a few weeks of trying mine....is the KoT really that important...
    Doesn't the pot get built in China so it would come from there? 
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2016
    Yes, it's made in China.  Still looks sexy and sounds great.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    My name came up on the list about a year ago still not pulled the trigger link stopped working and Mike sent me a new link straight away. Maybe I should pull the trigger and buy one.
  • capo4th said:
    My name came up on the list about a year ago still not pulled the trigger link stopped working and Mike sent me a new link straight away. Maybe I should pull the trigger and buy one.
    Can i have your link?? :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    I'm going to by one when my times comes up but who knows whether I keep it or not. Resale value will turn a profit.

I'm still looking for an overdrive to go alongside my JRAD Archer, I use a cleanish amp with the Archer giving a warm mid range boost and it knocks just a little off the low end and just a slightest hint of grit and it sounds great as an always on pedal but I want something that can add light to medium gain alongside it but without the stuffy mid-range and compression you get with a Tubescreamer.

I've tried many but can't find one that gives me that sound in my head.

I might try a Moller 2 next.   

Have you tried the Way Huge Pork Loin?