Wow - JCM emulator pedal - this sounds fabulous!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Bidley said:
    I got a bit ahead of myself there didn't I.
    Happens to us all mate, I usually just think about football till I calm down  ;)
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have one now - fun pedal
    @FelineGuitars can you give us a bit more info about your thoughts on it please? How does it match up to the real thing, in your opinion?

How is it at low gain? I'm guessing the Plexi pedal would be better at lower gain.

How does it match up to other MIAB's you may have tried and what is your favourite MIAB?

Many thanks for your time
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    It's very good and does what it says on the tin . It's possibly a little bass light for a plexi just as the JCM800(2203/2204) were but it does a good job of making a classic JCM800 roar.
    I still need to spend a bit more time playing it as I was distracted tweaking delays to go with it today.

I haven't done a huge number of MIAB pedals as I have huge amounts of rack preamps that do Marshall very well, but it sits very nicely as a lower gain accompaniment to the Friedman BE which is way more gain - like a hot rodded plexi

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @FelineGuitars Thank you! I'm very intrigued!

I emailed the guy and he said that the Gold version will be out at the end of the year and will include low gain plexi sounds as well as the JCM sounds you have. So looks like it'll be right up my street!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom