Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Forum Etiquette/ Selling A Prize Won On Here

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6147
    tFB Trader
    mgaw said:
    maybe get a signed photo of the builder, topless to boost the value
    I'll cup a testicle, photo that and sign it. You'll get at least ten pounds less then. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    some on here may pay a lot more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Wondered what the general feeling would be if I were to put up for sale on here the Thorpy-built 'Marshall in a box' style pedal that I won on here many moons ago, and which is of course superbly made but alas doesn't really have a place in the sounds I use.

On the one hand, I paid to enter a competition and won fair and square, on the other hand it could be seen as shamelessly cashing in on Thorpy's high profile name.

Wouldn't want to cause any offence, and wouldn't want to disrespeck the forum or its members. 
    Heresy, absolute Heresy. I expect you to be buried with that pedal or bequeath it to the future generations of ROCKANDROLLDAVE.

either that or its your pedal to do as you wish.

p.s. (use the winnings to treat yourself to one of our new offerings....)   :)

Is it a gunshot circuit? I remember borrowing that box and really liking it. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    ThorpyFX said:
    mgaw said:
    maybe get a signed photo of the builder, topless to boost the value
    I'll cup a testicle, photo that and sign it. You'll get at least ten pounds less then. 
    Thorpy's 10lb Testicle would be a great band name. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Cup a testicle...is that like some form of grotesque cup o' soup?
  • shady said:
    Depends how effectively you cup the testicle.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    shady said:
    Sounds more like this, to me:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eIhSiXJhjeA/UQvvXoMT5FI/AAAAAAAAAZE/zbV3M8ZearQ/s1600/Theodore-TBag-Bagwell.jpg

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6147
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Wondered what the general feeling would be if I were to put up for sale on here the Thorpy-built 'Marshall in a box' style pedal that I won on here many moons ago, and which is of course superbly made but alas doesn't really have a place in the sounds I use.

On the one hand, I paid to enter a competition and won fair and square, on the other hand it could be seen as shamelessly cashing in on Thorpy's high profile name.

Wouldn't want to cause any offence, and wouldn't want to disrespeck the forum or its members. 
    Heresy, absolute Heresy. I expect you to be buried with that pedal or bequeath it to the future generations of ROCKANDROLLDAVE.

No it's not, it's a grind customs nevrosa board in there, which is a jfet based overdrive. Very nice too!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

No it's not, it's a grind customs nevrosa board in there, which is a jfet based overdrive. Very nice too!

It is, it had a similar but less bassy voice to the df-2. Very addicted!