I can't handle more than 3 knobs these days

What's Hot
LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
edited November 2016 in FX
Not so long ago, I was happy enough trawling through the digital menus of multieffects units. Then I caught the pedal bug, with a lean towards analog. Now, I've noticed that I'm discounting pedals with four knobs or more. Three knobs (or less) is the magic number for me. Not too many variables means I feel like I'm in control and can focus on playing, rather than knob twiddling. Or maybe I'm getting old....? (41)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Realistically if something is voiced right for what you need you often don't need that many controls.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Doesn't really matter how many controls an effect has, once I've got the sound I want, it stays that way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Realistically if something is voiced right for what you need you often don't need that many controls.
    Phase 90's a good example of that. 

I quite like pedals with 3/4 controls but which give you a lot of usable variation   (and that can get silly when the mood takes you). 
  • I know exactly where you're coming from. Too many possibilities makes my head hurt!
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, it's getting a bit crazy...Chase (cough) Bliss (cough)
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2016
    I learnt my lesson with Phase 90 as mentioned above.

I think there's a hole in the market for a super simple analogue delay with tap temp and 2 or 3 knobs..
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited November 2016
    No such thing as a super simple analogue delay.  Certainly not one with tap... I've got a proto to try sat in my to-do box that someone sent me. Simple it is not... :P