Metallica's new direction?

What's Hot

Comments

• Of course it's totally lame but it's actually cool at the same time. They've got a sense of humour and it's still musical. I got a good laugh out of it.

i actually really like the new album aside from the title track. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    edited November 2016
    I thought I liked it and then listened to it again and it let me down a bit. Some tiny spark from the old times. What's happened to Kirk? He used to be from decent to good. His solos are pitiful, deplorable. Poor note selection, nothing fickle or unpredictable... and where's his technique? They should rob Mustaine of Kiko L. Just kidding, indeed. Anyway, it's nice for them to keep gigging and writing new stuff.
  • It's better than a lot of the other shit out there.

If the guitar playing doesn't float your boat go and buy Sixx A.M.'s "prayers for the blessed", there's a face melter on the opening track ;) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What a laugh.  I love it when people don't take themselves too seriously.
    It's better than a lot of the other shit out there.

No outstanding merit, innit?
  • IvanMC said:
    It's better than a lot of the other shit out there.

No outstanding merit, innit?
    When you put it up against the other bands who are still around all these years later putting out new music from that same era *cough* Bon Jovi *ahem* *uhh-hherrrm* 

What a crock of shit the new Bon Jovi album is.

At least Metallica have something left in them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    By "the other shit out there" I meant -or I assumed you meant- mediocrity in general. New or old. Well-known or not. However, you do have a point there, they do have something left in them, they are over 50, they still love gigging and writing new stuff and the album is not bad at all. Let's say that if a new band came up with such material it would blow me away. But it's far from their best work, hugely far. And I'm sure Kirk could do massively better than that. He doesn't have to be "quick". He might need to knuckle down and work more on his solos. Anyway, as I said before, it's lovely to see themstill gigging, writing, and enjoying themselves doing so.
  • IvanMC said:
    By "the other shit out there" I meant -or I assumed you meant- mediocrity in general. New or old. Well-known or not. However, you do have a point there, they do have something left in them, they are over 50, they still love gigging and writing new stuff and the album is not bad at all. Let's say that if a new band came up with such material it would blow me away. But it's far from their best work, hugely far. And I'm sure Kirk could do massively better than that. He doesn't have to be "quick". He might need to knuckle down and work more on his solos. Anyway, as I said before, it's lovely to see themstill gigging, writing, and enjoying themselves doing so.
    Yeah. That's pretty much what I meant. I enjoy it. :) 

It's better than St. Anger.
    I like it more than Load/ReLoad/Death Magnetic.

But it's nothing compared to Master of Puppets/Kill 'Em All/Ride the Lighting/The Black Album!