Ibanez ts808 hand wired

markjmarkj Frets: 914
Anybody got one tried one. Are they worth the extra cash?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Probably not... get yourself a used TS-808 RI and save that doh! the new Ibanez mini Tube Screamers are great too.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    edited November 2016
    No. The "hand wired" thing is clearly bullshit when you realise there are more components inside that tiny mass-produced 4558 chip than in the whole of the rest of the circuit :).

Fools and money and all that...

I would buy a TS-9 because it's the exact same circuit apart from two resistors which make no difference to the sound, and it has a better switch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Some people say it's got more clarity than the original but then if I'd paid nearly £400 for a pedal, I'd want to convince myself it was worth it.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6080
    ICBM said:
    No. The "hand wired" thing is clearly bullshit when you realise there are more components inside that tiny mass-produced 4558 chip than in the whole of the rest of the circuit :).
    Even when that wire is 'Japanese Mogami OFC cable'!!

Looks spiffy.