Nobels ODR-1???

SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142175839483?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

What's going on here?
Are the old faulty pedals better than the new perfectly working ones?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    It's the secret to the 'dubstep' tone
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    Wow, crazy price!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    edited November 2016
    That fault is caused by a manufacturing fault on the PCB, with two pins being connected that shouldn't be. I fixed one for someone here a while ago - it took me a while to spot it because it looks like it's meant to be like that until you work out the circuit. I didn't know it was a 'standard' fault, I assumed it was just that one... obviously I devalued it!

That price is just stupid, I can't think of any reason you'd actually want the fault - it's not like a self-oscillating analogue delay which you can adjust and 'play' things with.

I have to say I don't really get the hype about them, even working properly - they're not bad, but to me they're just a bit characterless, not exactly the Holy Grail of overdrive pedals.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    ^ yeah it's a good pedal, but there are other pedals i like better.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    edited July 2017
    wrong thread
     :)