SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*Sold*: Vox VT20 'X' - 4 weeks old, mint and boxed as new

AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited November 2016 in Amps £
Bought this 4 weeks ago and modelling is just not for me.

It's very clever, has a really great, easy to use on screen editor / interface for adjusting the amp and all of it's settings including all the effects. The only thing you can't control from your laptop / PC is the power output / attenuator. Everything else is adjustable and you can also change the default effects that the buttons recall when you're in manual mode, inc the reverb.

It has 8 user memory slots on the top panel consisting of 4 buttons which have a separate A/B bank mode button.
On the PC screen when editing patches, you can drag and drop the amp or effect you want into place, adjust it then drag and drop the entire settings page into a memory slot to save it there.

You can also save any amount of profiles so that all 8 slots will change with a few clicks. The amp can be used while connected to a PC so real time adjustment or patch / profile changes are easy and very quick (In between song quick).

There is a 4 way floor controller available which i didn't bother with, i *think* it's around £50.
That gives access to the memory slots and the bank or in manual mode it switches effects on/off etc - similar to the way the Marshall JVM foot controller works.

The 'Help' PDF that's inside the editor software tells you WAY more than the paper manual does and it took me around an hour of playing while connected to the laptop, to get to grips with everything the amp does.
Once you've done something once, it's dead easy and quick to go back and do it again.
I'm an idiot so a clever person could do this in half the time !

The built in tuner is basic but works fine.

The amp models sound very good, the sound is very clear and all the things it does, it does very well.

The Effects, once adjusted, are really high quality considering what they are, built into an amp.
Using the onscreen editor, the effects have a lot more parameter control than i've seen on this kind of thing before - most of the time it's 5 variable parameters and when the model of the analogue Boss DM-2 and the WEM Copykat (These are the two delays you get) both go up to 1200 ms and both have 5 way parameter control via the computer screen, they become a bit more interesting than the actual pedal is in reality.

The headphone jack is a recording output and the speaker is 8". It sounds a lot bigger in the few different size rooms i've played it in and even at 2/3 volume it was still crystal clear.

It's a great amp but a mistake for me, i only really like big valve amps and i've got a new amp incoming so this really should go to someone who wants one at a bargain price.

They're £170 new so grab this delivered via UPS Next Day (Which as this is Friday morning when i'm posting this, is probably going to turn into a collection on Monday 21st for delivery on Tuesday 22nd)

*SOLD * £89 Delivered in it's original box and packed properly.

Free 1.5m USB lead that Vox don't give you !

Payment via PP Gift, Bank Transfer or Collection (£75 if collected in person) from Bedford (2 minutes from train station and this is easy to carry).

Photo's are coming this morning around 10am.
It's sat next to me for 4 weeks and been played around 20 hours, that's it.

As new for around half price.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom