Claypool Lennon Delirium

What's Hot
LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
Anyone heard it? I heard a track that was quite decent. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Is that Sean 'I've inherited my dads looks and my mums musical talent' Lennon?
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited November 2016
    Don't get why people give him so much shit. Any other name you'd probably think he was cool. What should the guy do? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Loobs said:
    Don't get why people give him so much shit. Any other name you'd probably think he was cool. What should the guy do? 
    Change his first name from Les.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A live video of them came up in my recommended videos on YouTube a while back. I took a listen, and despite being initially turned off by the image of the band, I was pretty pleasantly surprised by the music. I love older Primus (up to Tales From The Punchbowl), so I don't mind a bit of silliness and musical 'mucking about', and Claypool's obviously a pretty talented and interesting bassist, so always worth a watch.

I thought Sean Lennon played and sang really well, too. In fact, slightly stupidly in retrospect, I didn't even make the Lennon connection initially. I thought it was called that because the songs had a Beatles-y vibe in places, that the name meant 'Claypool plays Lennon-style songs', then saw comments about it being Sean Lennon a while later.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    I much prefer Claypool's work as an engineer. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Wasn't he in Rentaghost?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    edited December 2016
    Sort of a blend of psychedelic period Beatles, Primus' quieter moments and the jam band idea of the Dead/Phish.
    I like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Bizarrely, when I first heard them I was thinking 'Tame Impala'. However, I reckon Lennon has more of a claim to sounding like Lennon than Kevin Parker.
    I rather like the Claypool Lennon Delerium though. 
    edited December 2016

@dogload ;
     I would say that Tame Impala's songs are about 100 times better, personally. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Loobs said:

@dogload ;
     I would say that Tame Impala's songs are about 100 times better, personally. 
    I really like Tame Impala's earlier stuff on innerspeaker and Lonerism but there more recent stuff doesn't do much for me I'm afraid. 
    I do like the third album but not as much as the first two. I saw them live in 2015 and it was great. Also saw them in 2010 and it was good. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom