Pedals recommendation for Egnator Tweaker to play shadows songs

Having just picked up a fantastic Egnator Tweaker from a fellow contributor, I would like to start playing some Shadows songs but i think i will need Echo or Reverb ( is there a difference?)  an anyone recommend a pedal that will work well with this amp and achieve good results without breaking the bank
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    Boss FRV1 into the main input.

They're great amps. They grunt through a 4x12!
  • Echo (or Delay) is usually a defined series of repeats, whereas Reverb is more of a sense of space, like being in a Room or Hall.
    Hanks early sound relied on tape echo machines, he would probably have used some reverb too. There are many pedals and multi effects units around now that can get you in the right ball park without the expense and complication.
    I'd maybe go for a Zoom G3 to have a range of effects at hand (with a built in tuner). Second hand they go for about £65- £70.
    If your going for individual pedals - Joyo or mooer are really inexpensive. Or you could check the classifieds here to get something better for a good price.

• are you saying between amp and guitar and not via the effects loop
  • g3 looks good the g3n looks even better - although its very similar to the g5
  • Most people would put the Delay and Reverb in the loop. Sounds like you are going to be playing quite cleanly so you may find you're perfectly happy going straight in.
    If you're not too worried about switching effects on and off, you might like the Zoom CDR70.
    https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/multistomp/zoom-ms-70cdr-multistomp-chorus-delay-reverb-pedal
  • I'm sure someone will come along who knows this stuff better but the classic Hank was guitar-tape delay- amp. FX loops didn't exist then but what they do is put your effects in between the power and pre amp, so they don't do much if you are only using very clean tones; they come into their own if you start turning up the gain on the amp but even then some people prefer the sound in front. Or some effect pedals in the loop and some in front ( sometimes referred to as 4cm - the four cable method).
    Hank used a variety of delay settings including multi head delays but a basic delay and some tweaking to taste will get you in the ball park. A digital delay will probably sound a bit harsh for Hank so ideally look for something with a tape and/ or analogue delay setting.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • A friend of mine is "Hank" in an apparently very successful Shadows tribute band and he uses a Zoom G3 into his Hot Rod Deluxe. But of course the Zoom has loads of delay/echo sounds on it so it would be a case of trying them out. If I can manage to persuade him to part with his settings I'll pass them on
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • that would be great thanks 
  • Decided to go for a TC electronics G Major 2  and TC electronics D-TWO both work really well with the clean sound from the Tweaker